Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 13, 2021, 03:11:58 PM
Quote from: Trev on April 13, 2021, 03:09:05 PM
Judas Priest - Point of Entry

All fairly forgettable stuff really, don't think I missed much by never giving it a listen until now

Desert Plains is a quality song, otherwise I agree with you.

I like this album, Turning Circles, Heading out to the highway, Desert Plains, Solar Angels all good.

Todd La Torre - Rejoice In The Suffering

This is my top album from the first quarter of 2021 and a cert for end of year top 5 if not right at the top.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Don Gately on April 13, 2021, 06:22:20 PM

All fairly forgettable stuff really, don't think I missed much by never giving it a listen until now

I like this album, Turning Circles, Heading out to the highway, Desert Plains, Solar Angels all good.

It's a great album. Don't mind these two falses.

#4758 April 13, 2021, 09:45:21 PM Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 09:56:01 PM by leatherface
Quote from: Don Gately on April 13, 2021, 06:22:20 PM

Agreed, good album but not one of theirs I go back to often!, I think 'Heading Out To The Highway' and 'Hot Rockin' (bar the video) save it, 'On The Run' is also good

Arathorn - Niemals kroenender als was einst war

#4760 April 14, 2021, 12:11:52 AM Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 12:16:38 AM by leatherface
Voivod- The Outer Limits

Love all of it but was going back to the Pink Floyd cover 'Nile Song' and 'Fix My Heart', 'Moonbeam Rider'.

#4761 April 14, 2021, 01:54:05 AM Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 02:50:05 AM by Carnage
Soothsayer: Echoes Of The Earth - I hadn't the patience to wait 'til the CD landed. Glad too, it's brilliant.

Solitude Aeturnus: Beyond The Crimson Horizon
Memoriam: To The End - Much more melody and groove in their sound than on the first trilogy's albums. I daresay the new drummer's a tad more dynamic in his playing. One of my favourite current DM bands.

Quote from: leatherface on April 14, 2021, 12:11:52 AM
Voivod- The Outer Limits

Love all of it but was going back to the Pink Floyd cover 'Nile Song' and 'Fix My Heart', 'Moonbeam Rider'.

Snap, been listening to this album all week. It's really great. Actually Nothing face, Angel Rat and this are a fantastic sequence of albums. I would put Dimension Hatross in a different category sound wise.

Arcane Sun - Arcane Sun

Looking forward to picking up the reissues. Savage album.

Suffering Hour - The Cyclic Reckoning

On the thread about this album elsewhere on the board, a couple of the lads mentioned at how well written this was, given the warped style this band plays in. And I agree. Wouldn't normally listen to a heap of this kind of stuff these days but the tunefulness of the riffs and progressions is very impressive. Standout guitar tones and production too.

Scorpions - Virgin Killer

Marduk - Dark Endless

Quote from: Don Gately on April 14, 2021, 01:54:15 PM
Quote from: leatherface on April 14, 2021, 12:11:52 AM
Voivod- The Outer Limits

Snap, been listening to this album all week. It's really great. Actually Nothing face, Angel Rat and this are a fantastic sequence of albums. I would put Dimension Hatross in a different category sound wise.

I went on a strong voivod buzz lately and The Outer Limits is up there with the best of it.

Ocean Machine going on now, it's been a good while since I chanced it