Yep. Must be getting close to new Antediluvian time too. A new Drowned album would be very welcome as well.

I realized earlier this evening that if you bleat your way through 'Baa, Baa, Black Sheep' it sounds like an Inquisition tune. And who knows, maybe that even explains a thing or two  :o :abbath: :abbath:

Drowned- Idola Specus. Savage album and one I haven't listened to for far too long.

Temple of the Dog- s/t
Soundgarden-Badmotorfinger

A most pleasant drive to work this morning.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 18, 2021, 09:58:52 PM
Drowned- Idola Specus. Savage album and one I haven't listened to for far too long.
Had it on recently for the first time in a few years,class album!

Marduk - Frontschwein

New Beverast one - getting better each time.

New Tribulation - I don't get it.

Bon Jovi - Slippery when wet. RIP BON.

Mastodon - Remission

Going back to this for a proper uninterrupted listen for the first time in ages. Such a fucking class album!

It definitely has a nostalgic factor for me -- that I got into Leviathan the next one at a time where the floodgates of heavy metal were really being burst open and I was listening to so much new stuff.

But Remission was one I'd go back to the odd time and rarely sit through fully as I found it quite dense back then. Jaysis though, just absolutely whopper riffs, drumming and production. Even now with hindsight, you can hear the blatant Neurosis influence amongst others, but it doesn't detract anything for me. Unsurprising really they were picked up by Relapse right away with a sound and set of tunes like this so early into their career.

Quote from: Nazgûl on February 19, 2021, 08:23:55 PM
Mastodon - Remission

Going back to this for a proper uninterrupted listen for the first time in ages. Such a fucking class album!

It definitely has a nostalgic factor for me -- that I got into Leviathan the next one at a time where the floodgates of heavy metal were really being burst open and I was listening to so much new stuff.

But Remission was one I'd go back to the odd time and rarely sit through fully as I found it quite dense back then. Jaysis though, just absolutely whopper riffs, drumming and production. Even now with hindsight, you can hear the blatant Neurosis influence amongst others, but it doesn't detract anything for me. Unsurprising really they were picked up by Relapse right away with a sound and set of tunes like this so early into their career.

A great album indeed, though it took until Leviathan came out for it to click with me. I picked up the reissue a while back, sounds good.

Yeah same as me so there in terms of getting into it. I've grown to love it for what it is -- Dailor overplays a wee bit, the Neurosis and Melvins buzz is incredibly apparent at times, maybe not their best album -- but at the time in 2002 there wasn't much even vaguely in the mainstream end of heavy metal doing this sort of thing.

Yeah, I wouldn't know what label to slap on it even now. Agreed on Dailor, that's always been my bugbear with them - though since he's started singing more and more he's reined it in a bit. He started out as a jazz drummer though, so it's no surprise that he overdoes it.

Crack The Skye is an unreal album too. Was obsessed with it for months when it came out first. Gave it a listen there recently for the first time in ages, yep, still savage.

That's their best for me TBH. Another one it took me a while to get into but when it clicked, it was a revelation.

I think The Hunter is the first one I liked straight away, but that's very much aimed at instant gratification IMO.