Quote from: Carnage on February 18, 2021, 02:22:17 AM
Akhlys: Melinoë

Fucking brilliant, crushing.
Unreal. I've given it heavy rotation.

Cryptosis - Prospect of Immortality

Really enjoying this one.

Quote from: open face surgery on February 16, 2021, 11:56:19 PM
Grave Miasma - Odori Sepulcrorum

Has enough time elapsed for it to be considered a classic? Head and shoulders above most death metal.

Quote from: hellfire on February 18, 2021, 12:57:26 PM
Quote from: open face surgery on February 16, 2021, 11:56:19 PM
Grave Miasma - Odori Sepulcrorum

Has enough time elapsed for it to be considered a classic? Head and shoulders above most death metal.

It's definitely a classic. New one, along with the new Qrixkuor, will no doubt be this year's highlights in death metal.

Looking forward to both of those plus I think I saw mention of a new Dead Congregation.

I was listening to some Bewtiched last week and remembered this, so playing this on 11 all day:
Principality Of Hell - Fire & Brimstone

https://youtu.be/yM0F4GUeWXs

Keep of Kalessin - Through times of war.
Cruciamentum -Engulfed in Desolation.
Gehenna - Seen through the veils of Darkness.
Deicide -Once upon the Cross.
Satyricon - Rebel Extravaganza.

Been a while since I knocked one out to a music video....

Roddy Bottum with....

Man On Man - 1983

https://youtu.be/kGUjO_ZqOSk

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 18, 2021, 08:05:54 PM
Looking forward to both of those plus I think I saw mention of a new Dead Congregation.

That would be sweet. Good to hear real death metal and not all this terrible shit that the states is currently churning out.

I haven't been paying attention. I switched off to it ages ago when every band became utterly interchangeable. Remember ten to fifteen years ago the amount of diversity and creativity that was going on in DM. Seems to have died down a lot from what I can see but these things always seem to go in cycles so it'll swing back around I'm sure. Might also be a case of inventive steps being taken in areas I'm not following.

Zakaz - Hof úr Holdi

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 18, 2021, 08:57:09 PM
I haven't been paying attention. I switched off to it ages ago when every band became utterly interchangeable. Remember ten to fifteen years ago the amount of diversity and creativity that was going on in DM. Seems to have died down a lot from what I can see but these things always seem to go in cycles so it'll swing back around I'm sure. Might also be a case of inventive steps being taken in areas I'm not following.

It still seems utterly interchangeable from as far as I have delved. Terrible shit with no individual character whatsoever which is what I think will highlight the greatness of GM and Qrixkuor. Those 2 are worth 100s of those other bands.