Mortem - Evil Dead

A fine slab of Peruvian death metal

Matterhorn - Crass Cleansing
Daupuz - Grubenfall 1721
Altar of Perversion - Intra Naos
Black Virgin - .44 Killer

Atilla - Atilla

Listening to this as it's listed in a wikipedia page for 'music considered the worst ever',  it's a heavy rock band fronted by Billy Joel from the late 60's/early 70's, doesn't sound much different to Deep Purple/Uriah Heep to be honest so I can't hear what's so bad about it other than the album cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7s8PHnCTGI

Grant Green - Grant's First Stand
Kenny Burrell - Midnight Blue
Grave Miasma - Odori Sepulcrorum

Death - Spiritual Healing

And, for reasons unknown even to myself:
NIN - Pretty Hate Machine

It's a great (if dated) album, reason enough.

I love the datedness of it. It's a huge part of the experience. Incredible album

Not doubting it's a great album, but this is probably the first time I've listened to it of my own accord. Two of my early 20s smoking buddies were huge NIN fans so I was always a passive but content listener. Only one I ever owned was The Downward Spiral, but last night Head Like A Hole all of a sudden came to mind so I threw on the entire album and had a lovely trip down hazy memory lane.

Ah right. The remastered version sounds great, if not too different. There's a Prince sample missing somewhere apparently, but I've never noticed it.

The Fragile is my go-to NIN album these days, overdid the earlier ones back in the day, and the remastered Downward Spiral changed the end of Hurt, which is minor but annoying. With Teeth and Year Zero have a few decent tracks each but I generally wouldn't bother with them, and everything he's one since has been shite.

Misothiest  - for the glory of your redeemer

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on February 17, 2021, 07:47:30 AM
Not doubting it's a great album, but this is probably the first time I've listened to it of my own accord. Two of my early 20s smoking buddies were huge NIN fans so I was always a passive but content listener. Only one I ever owned was The Downward Spiral, but last night Head Like A Hole all of a sudden came to mind so I threw on the entire album and had a lovely trip down hazy memory lane.

I regularly listen to Pretty Hate Machine. Everything from that right up to The Fragile is outstanding including the remix stuff and even B sides, but as Carnage rightly points out it gets patchier after that.

I do have a soft spot for the 3 eps that came out last though but they still wouldn't be up to the old standard.

Fuck it, going to bust out The Downward Spiral this minute

Procession - To Reap Heavens Apart
Personal favourite by these guys, featuring our own AA.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Fall Of Efrafa - Owsla / Elil / Inlé : Warren Of Snares. Post-crust magnificence.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on February 14, 2021, 05:31:52 PM
Dublin thrashers Killer Watt.... I have the 12"..... good aul tune.

https://youtu.be/pqmHoWq6I7g

Waiting for the day if this ever gets reissued, somewhere and somehow.  A hidden thrash gem.

Akhlys: Melinoë

Fucking brilliant, crushing.