Quote from: OpenSores on February 09, 2021, 06:49:17 PM
The Ruins of Beverast - The Thule Grimoires (such a great album lovely flow)

CROWN - Psychurgy (new album out April)

I've had Psychurgy hanging around the stereo this past week myself funny enough, thought they were a done deal at this stage so that's neat there's a new one on the way.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 09, 2021, 07:23:35 PM
Yep. I think the reason they fell off my radar for so long is that the first thing I picked up by them was Isa, which is decent enough but a bit polite for my tastes. I bought the Frost tape years ago but it didn't grab me at the time for whatever humdrum reason. It was when I picked it up on vinyl last year and started listening to it regularly that I realised this was a band I needed to properly dive into. So much great classic metal, so little time. I've found myself spending more of my time and money on 90s stuff the past several years and there's no shortage of great, creative and dark music to explore from that decade.

Spot on and in my opinion it was Black Metals greatest period and peak. 

Ride for Revenge - The King of Snakes
Had a thought today that this is just necro Krautrock, which I'm more than okay with.

Ride for Revenge - Wisdom of the Few
Bacterium - Sunt Lacrymae Rerum

Kjeld - Skym. Fantastic black metal a la emperor. They have a new one out soon.

#4205 February 09, 2021, 10:16:41 PM Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 10:20:18 PM by astfgyl
NIN - With Teeth  Definitive Edition. The remastering really brings it on and it sounded great as it was.

Unfairly maligned album but it was up against it after Broken, The Downward Spiral and The Fragile.

Sometimes I think Dave Grohl made it worse instead of better. Having him just seems to pull the sound in a certain direction and it's unique with the NIN catalogue in that any of the players dominated the sound of the album in such a way. Anyway it's a better experience than it gets credit for

Also the track  "Home" is fantastic and somehow missed out on the original CD version

#4206 February 09, 2021, 10:25:49 PM Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 10:04:01 AM by Carnage

Gamma Ray - Heading for Tomorrow..classic

Dimmu Borgir- StormblÄst.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 10, 2021, 10:51:19 AM
Dimmu Borgir- StormblÄst.

Tjodalv is a fantastic drummer. He's great in Susperia too.

The excellent....

Rivers of Nihil - Where Owls Know My Name (2018)

https://youtu.be/LBAXZto7uVc

Quote from: Thorn on February 09, 2021, 07:35:07 PM
Quote from: OpenSores on February 09, 2021, 06:49:17 PM
The Ruins of Beverast - The Thule Grimoires (such a great album lovely flow)

CROWN - Psychurgy (new album out April)

I've had Psychurgy hanging around the stereo this past week myself funny enough, thought they were a done deal at this stage so that's neat there's a new one on the way.

Looking forward to the new one, 'The End Of All Things'.

https://pelagic-records.com/webshop/