Quote from: Blackout on February 08, 2021, 09:13:57 PM
Quote from: Thorn on February 08, 2021, 08:36:17 PM
Quote from: Blackout on February 08, 2021, 05:46:59 PM
Bathory - Blood Fire Death
[/quote

The best Bathory by a mile

More partial to the first 3 albums for rawness but its a belter.
And right after BFD came Hammerheart. Brilliant album too. What a run....

Find Hammerheart all but unlistenable at this stage. Blood Fire Death is great but I'm def on-board with the first 3.

Hammerheart is my favourite.

Mooncitadel- Night's Scarlet Symphonies on now.

Was the first one I got into but even the thought of it is off putting nowadays. Maybe I'd be still into it if I listened to it but...

It's the first one I got too and would be my go to Bethory album.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 09, 2021, 11:37:26 AM
Mooncitadel- Night's Scarlet Symphonies on now.

Eagerly awaiting this one to arrive. Now that I think about it I never play Hammerheart anymore. Must give it a listen soon.

Lads, get on Hammerheart. Same as McLove, it's my go to Bathory album.....  :abbath:
Here's the 2012  remastered edition for those interested....

https://youtu.be/vefqd8hVKQ8

Ceremonial Bloodbath - The Tides of Blood

Morbid Angel - Gateways to Annihilation

Mayhem  - Wolf Lairs Abyss

My interest in Enslaved has grown a lot over the past year or so, helped in no small way by the great interview series, and I've started to get collecting their back catalogue. I'm currently spinning a recent reissue of Vikinligr Veldi (silver DLP version with added illustrations by Zbigniew Bielak) and it's a hum dinger. I've been immersing myself in this and Frost and really getting a lot out of them.

The Ruins of Beverast - The Thule Grimoires (such a great album lovely flow)

CROWN - Psychurgy (new album out April)

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 09, 2021, 05:40:41 PM
My interest in Enslaved has grown a lot over the past year or so, helped in no small way by the great interview series, and I've started to get collecting their back catalogue. I'm currently spinning a recent reissue of Vikinligr Veldi (silver DLP version with added illustrations by Zbigniew Bielak) and it's a hum dinger. I've been immersing myself in this and Frost and really getting a lot out of them.

90s enslaved is so good.

Quote from: Blackout on February 08, 2021, 05:46:59 PM
Bathory - Blood Fire Death
Has there ever been a more seXXXy BM song than For All Those Who Died?  :laugh:

https://youtu.be/0AMoLkhuGgM

Crackin tune...  :abbath:

Yep. I think the reason they fell off my radar for so long is that the first thing I picked up by them was Isa, which is decent enough but a bit polite for my tastes. I bought the Frost tape years ago but it didn't grab me at the time for whatever humdrum reason. It was when I picked it up on vinyl last year and started listening to it regularly that I realised this was a band I needed to properly dive into. So much great classic metal, so little time. I've found myself spending more of my time and money on 90s stuff the past several years and there's no shortage of great, creative and dark music to explore from that decade.