Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on December 24, 2020, 01:11:25 PM
Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on December 23, 2020, 06:38:21 PM
Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on December 23, 2020, 06:25:16 PM
Got notifications from various promoters for these lads touring next year, never heard of them so had to look up.

Was already on an experimental kick all day, so I'm fucking hooked. Metal-adjacent, definitely not TRVE, but there's plenty at that already and this kicks hole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftiJyZJyyUQ
Ah yeah, I love these guys. I can't remember how I stumbled on them but they're great.
Good man, they're lined up for later on. That's a great gig.

You were well-sorted for the evening so!

Fairly sure The Grand Social was on their tour schedule, for later in the year next year, Belfast date on there as well.

I've seen a few people claiming/attempting to do something in this direction but none managed anything compelling. These lads, on the other hand, fucking nail it.
A mate's staying over with us tonight so I think it would be rude not to introduce him to the delights of Imperial Triumphant...  :abbath:

#3826 December 26, 2020, 12:42:27 PM Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 03:23:16 PM by Eoin McLove
I got the Dimmu Borgir- StormblĂ„st LP as a Christmas present (I'm really wimping out the older I get, hehe) but it turns out it's the 05 re-recording! I stuck it on just now expecting not to like it but it sounds bloody great to me. I suppose it's testament to the excellent songcraft that the polished production doesn't kill it. The artwork, however, is a shocking abomination. What makes a band change a brilliant, evocative cover for one so sterile and boring looking. And the logo change is the same. Baffling stuff. I actually ended up buying an original Cacophonous CD last night as I really like the more primitive recording and deadly artwork,  but I'm pleasantly surprised by how good this is. For All Tid is next on the shopping list- both versions perhaps...

The new releases of both are great but the polished recordings take away that cold feel.

Vastum- Orificial Purge ,another death metal gem from recent times!.

Tribulation - Down Below

#3830 December 28, 2020, 08:43:10 PM Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 11:03:37 PM by Eoin McLove
Cruciamentum- Charnel Passages LP.

I haven't put this on in ages. Savage stuff.

Grave Miasma- Odori Sepulcrorum LP.

Likewise.

Malthusian- Across Deaths LP.

Sure look it.

Vircolac- Masque LP.

Sure look it sure look it!

Ulver -Bergtatt.
Les Discrets -Septembre et Ses Dernieres Pensees.
Type O Negative -World coming down.
Misanthropic Breed -Lik.
Satyricon -Dark Medievil Times.

Deathspell Omega - Paracletus

Despite the unfortunate name, this album is quite the grower on first listen.

In general, how can it be a grower on first listen?

Great album anyway.

Omegavortex and Nightside Eclipse for me today.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 28, 2020, 08:43:10 PM
Cruciamentum- Charnel Passages LP.

I haven't put this on in ages. Savage stuff.

Grave Miasma- Odori Sepulcrorum LP.

Likewise.

Malthusian- Across Deaths LP.

Sure look it.

Vircolac- Masque LP.

Sure look it sure look it!

Some of the best DM of the last decade in there

Ungl'Unl'Rrlh'Chchch- s/t.

Up with the kids so...

Morbus Chron - Sweven
Today is the Day - No Good To Anyone
Nasum - Human 2.0
Mastodon - Blood Mountain
Necrowretch - The Ones from Hell

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on December 24, 2020, 02:08:59 PM
Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on December 24, 2020, 01:11:25 PM
Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on December 23, 2020, 06:38:21 PM
Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on December 23, 2020, 06:25:16 PM
Got notifications from various promoters for these lads touring next year, never heard of them so had to look up.

Was already on an experimental kick all day, so I'm fucking hooked. Metal-adjacent, definitely not TRVE, but there's plenty at that already and this kicks hole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftiJyZJyyUQ
Ah yeah, I love these guys. I can't remember how I stumbled on them but they're great.
Good man, they're lined up for later on. That's a great gig.

You were well-sorted for the evening so!

Fairly sure The Grand Social was on their tour schedule, for later in the year next year, Belfast date on there as well.

I've seen a few people claiming/attempting to do something in this direction but none managed anything compelling. These lads, on the other hand, fucking nail it.
A mate's staying over with us tonight so I think it would be rude not to introduce him to the delights of Imperial Triumphant...  :abbath:

Imperial Triumphant pissed me off when they released their debut. The first 2 e.ps were some of the finest classical influenced Black metal I ever heard then they completely changed their sound to the current one which I really don't like. They lost the cello player too.

I got the Dayal Patterson book Evolution Of The Cult for Christmas so I’m going through loads of black metal i had never really listened to before.
Are the next 2 books worth getting?