Black Crown Initiate - Song of the Crippled Bull

His clean singing voice gets on my tits but the music is superb.

1914 - The Blind Leading the Blind

Iron Claw-  S/T

Don't know too much about this band but they seem to have been a Black Sabbath clone back when BS were active, nice vintage doom sounds for those who haven't heard them.

Inter Arma - "Paradise Gallows"

Excellent album, definitely my favourite by them and first that really grabbed my attention.  This time realising how good the guitar tone is on it, and the production overall - clear and smooth without being overdone and still feeling very live.

Mind Over Four - The Goddess

The lad couldn't hit a note with a tennis racket in the early Death Angel style but it's an enjoyable early 90's metal/alternative album, another lucky dip purchase from the Freakout £1 bucket of tapes.

Anthrax - We've Come For You All.
The last Anthrax album worth a shite and without doubt one of the best metal releases of that decade.

#246 January 31, 2019, 11:31:45 AM Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 11:33:49 AM by Pentagrimes
Quote from: Juggz on January 31, 2019, 08:10:15 AM
Mind Over Four - The Goddess

The lad couldn't hit a note with a tennis racket in the early Death Angel style but it's an enjoyable early 90's metal/alternative album, another lucky dip purchase from the Freakout £1 bucket of tapes.

Oh man!There's a name I haven't heard in a while. For some reason Last Crack who were another "alt metal" early adaptor have popped into my head now too.

All this week it's been Prong's "Force Fed" for me. Not a popular opinion but  I reckon it's by far their best album - one of the most innovative thrash albums of the period. Way more interesting than their "groove" orientated stuff or the overly polished and plodding "Beg to Differ" (though "Take It In Hand" and "Prime Cut" off that album are killer)

OCEAN - Here Where Nothing Grows

Pentagrimes' post in the Lost albums thread prompted me to finally get this. Majestic sludgy doom.

Xentrix - Shattered Existence

Maybe it's because I have so many good times associated with these songs but this is still a very strong, catchy album to my ears, never given the credit it deserves. They were always fantastic live, too.

Quote from: Juggz on February 01, 2019, 08:17:07 AM
Xentrix - Shattered Existence

Maybe it's because I have so many good times associated with these songs but this is still a very strong, catchy album to my ears, never given the credit it deserves. They were always fantastic live, too.

Great album. Possibly the best British thrash album from that period.

Pagan Altar - Judgement of the Dead

Love the woozy sound of this album.  It's like listening to a warped Sabbath tape but it's perfect despite (or because of) it's strangeness.

Megadeth - Youthanasia
Not everyone's cup of tea but the songs are amazing and they never bettered this production  (talking about the original obviously). Everything started to turn to shit after this.

Quote from: Herbert West on February 01, 2019, 11:14:22 AM
Pagan Altar - Judgement of the Dead

Love the woozy sound of this album.  It's like listening to a warped Sabbath tape but it's perfect despite (or because of) it's strangeness.

Haha yeah.  Kind of distant and muffled but a savage album.

Execration - Morbid Dimensions

Never checked out the follow-up to this, Return to the Void or something. Any good? I enjoy this one a lot.

HECATE (Black metal/ France)
I'm not a big black metal fan, but yesterday night the band HECATE played in my area.
They practice a quite fast, rather melodic black metal, in a style quite close to Dissection, the first Sacramentum, or the first Immortal albums... It's quite well done, quite "abstract".
Worth the hear for fans of the style.

https://youtu.be/Vkg1-maP0Dg