Sorhin - I det glimrande mörkrets djup
               Apokalypsens ängel

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 26, 2020, 08:21:24 AM
Cathedral- Endtyme.

I can't remember when I last listened to this and fully expected not to recognise most or even all of it. I was completely wrong. Every song is a ripper and catchy as Hell and each one is familiar to me. Great album. This one is going in the car  8)

A brief return to form, that one. Heavy as whale balls, great album.

Martröð - Transmutation of Wounds

I'm somewhat obsessed with this release at the moment. RIYL - Wormlust, Svartidauði, Antaeus or Chaos Moon.

https://martrod.bandcamp.com/

#3333 October 26, 2020, 03:27:25 PM Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 03:30:08 PM by Nazgûl
Howling Sycamore - Seventh Pathways to Annihilation

First listen, one song in : feels like my brain has already processed half an album. Unsurprising so, given the band in question.

Quote from: Nazgûl on October 26, 2020, 03:27:25 PM

This is top of my backlog list of LPs.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 26, 2020, 03:30:23 PM
Quote from: Nazgûl on October 26, 2020, 03:27:25 PM

This is top of my backlog list of LPs.

Its jarring, off putting and exhilarating all at once  :laugh:

It's very much like what I was saying of Outer Isolation with respect to Black Future; more like a Disc2 to a double album than really a new album in its own right. As in, creatively speaking, it has clearly sprung from exactly the same place, albeit - in the case of both Vektor and HS - a highly multi-faceted one!

Did you check out the second Gospel of the Witches album??

#3337 October 26, 2020, 04:27:02 PM Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 04:28:45 PM by Nazgûl
I haven't man. I'm not even familiar with their music only that it shares members of Ephel Duath also -- who's music I'm also not very familiar with. ;D But the name was on my radar today trawling through the forum here. Will do at some stage!

A fair amount of stuff passes me by these days with the sheer amount of music I'm trying to keep up with that goes far beyond the metal side of things. Tip of the iceberg and all that...

Hadn't heard the Karyn Crisis' Gospel of the Witches, listening now and really really liking it. Love HC, up next!

Vader - Solitude In Madness

Iron Maiden  - The Number of the Beast

Virgin Steele  - Age of Consent

Quote from: Nazgûl on October 26, 2020, 04:27:02 PM
I haven't man. I'm not even familiar with their music only that it shares members of Ephel Duath also -- who's music I'm also not very familiar with. ;D But the name was on my radar today trawling through the forum here. Will do at some stage!

A fair amount of stuff passes me by these days with the sheer amount of music I'm trying to keep up with that goes far beyond the metal side of things. Tip of the iceberg and all that...

Ephel Duath are good, they've a couple of albums I like a lot. But Davide Tiso really only seems to have come into his own with the Gospel of the Witches and Howling Sycamore projects. He was always a virtuoso on the guitar, but I've really grown to admire him as a composer over the last few years.

Pallbearer - Forgotten Days

Rites of Daath - Doom Spirit Emanation

Hagzissa - They Ride Along

Iron Maiden - Live After Death.

Maybe people were more easily impressed in the 40s,but I never found Churchill's speech particularly rousing. Sounds like he's about to fall asleep halfway through

#3344 October 27, 2020, 09:57:39 AM Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 10:00:10 AM by Eoin McLove
Think back to the 90s if you are old enough. In the pre-internet world Gods walked the earth. Remember how mysterious and super human Metallica were! They were beyond our mere mortal reach, they were geniuses, they were another race practically. And that was the 90s! I'm sure in the 40s the heroes of the day were much the same, if not at an even more elevated level.

A country on the brink of war, waiting for precious news from their leader- not like the endless rolling news today with all sorts of counter narratives adding to the din- Churchill's words held weight and meaning to the future existence of his country. His delivery was probably considered to be dramatic in its solemnity.