A bunch of demos this morning:Blasphematory,Primitive Warfare, Caustic Vomit,Charnel Altar

Persefone - Aathma

There are some mornings where only something techy will do and I still get a little kick out of anything with a healthy, but not overbearing, Cynic influence.

Svartidauði - Revelations of the Red Sword

Horrendous - "Idol" and Converge - "You Fail Me" (the remixed version).

Even though I've had the original of You Fail Me since it came out, it never really floated my boat, but I'm loving the remixed version. Amazing what a different sonic attack will do.

That Horrendous album is the business, like Rust In Peace and Human rolled together (which is to say it's got great hooks but it's still really adventurous and technical.

Quote from: Ducky on January 22, 2019, 01:04:55 PM
That Horrendous album is the business, like Rust In Peace and Human rolled together (which is to say it's got great hooks but it's still really adventurous and technical.
I hadn't bothered to check them out because of that dreadful name but now, based on that description, I'm interested. I will have to have a listen of that one.

Necros Christos - Doom of the Occult & Trivine Impvrity Rites
Bolzer - Roman Acupuncture & Soma
Demolition Hammer - Epidemic of Violence
Athiest  - Unquestionable Presence

Hadanfard- Smutsiga Sinnen
Marduk - Those of the Unlight

Failure - Fantastic Planet

Completely bypassed these guys first time around, so I'm not sure if I'm digging this because of a misplaced sense of nostalgia or because the tunes are genuinely great...fuck it, I'm tending towards the latter at the moment
For those unfamiliar...

https://youtu.be/RVCcKHsmn4w

Neurosis - Souls at Zero

Quote from: Juggz on January 22, 2019, 02:09:06 PM
Quote from: Ducky on January 22, 2019, 01:04:55 PM
I hadn't bothered to check them out because of that dreadful name but now, based on that description, I'm interested. I will have to have a listen of that one.

I was in the same boat but I saw someone call it one of their albums of the year on here and said no harm in having a listen... I'd say it's right up the street of Juggz! The one before it ("Anareta") is really good too.

#220 January 23, 2019, 08:53:14 AM Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 08:54:57 AM by Juggz
Quote from: Ducky on January 22, 2019, 07:41:58 PM
I was in the same boat but I saw someone call it one of their albums of the year on here and said no harm in having a listen... I'd say it's right up the street of Juggz! The one before it ("Anareta") is really good too.
Cheers. I picked it up on Bandcamp last night, will definitely give it some time.

Michael Romeo - War of the Worlds, Pt. 1

Gloriously over-the-top guitar-wank cheese by a lad with enough skill to make it listenable and enjoyable. My first steps towards buying something by Symphony X, I think. He's got enough decent riffs to hand, for sure.

Quote from: Juggz on January 23, 2019, 08:53:14 AM
Cheers. I picked it up on Bandcamp last night, will definitely give it some time.

Gloriously over-the-top guitar-wank cheese by a lad with enough skill to make it listenable and enjoyable. My first steps towards buying something by Symphony X, I think. He's got enough decent riffs to hand, for sure.
It's a good album, but it just sounds like Symphony X with a worse singer. If you're starting off them I'd say go with either Divine Wings of Tragedy or Twilight in Olympus

Nuclear Assault - Game Over

Weird. Just reading your earlier (shocking!) comments about not having checked out Horrendous yet, say to myself I must set you straight (for your own good), and what am I listening to for the first time ever? A Michael Romeo solo album, The Dark Chapter as it happens. Instrumental guitar virtuoso stuff is some of the best work music for what I do.

Anyway, Horrendous are simply excellent, all their albums, but on Idol they take the plunge full on into Cynic and Atheist levels of prog metal. Up to now, they were somewhat more like a proggy Carcass.

Nice, hope you enjoy it! "Devotion - Ink For Blood" is what hooked me but it's all killer, especially "The Idolator".