Evile - Skull

Just saw that they've a new album ready to go but Matt Drake has left the band. Be interesting to see what the new stuff is like, always thought they were one of the better thrash bands even if a lot of it was just pure Metallica worship

I honestly believe if Evile approached Metallica and said "you can release Five Serpent's Teeth under your name and we'll stay anonymous", they'd be multimillionaires and it would've been hailed as the second coming.

It's tempting and all too easy to dismiss them as pure worship, bit it's so well done it's up there with prime 'Tallica, which is no mean feat.

Being listening to the Alexis Marshall and Mr Bungle singles today.

The former is great. I'm still baffled by the latter but it's a better Slayer song than the last 3 decades of Slayer I guess

#2645 August 13, 2020, 07:31:37 PM Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 07:41:43 PM by astfgyl
Forgot to try the Mr.Bungle must get on it

Edit: Yeah that was decent. Better than I thought it would be but then the original is almost unlistenable  so it didn't have much competition

Without hearing a single note, I'm automatically put off by the presence of Scott Ian.

Quote from: astfgyl on August 13, 2020, 07:31:37 PM
Forgot to try the Mr.Bungle must get on it

Edit: Yeah that was decent. Better than I thought it would be but then the original is almost unlistenable  so it didn't have much competition

It was written when they were 15 and you can absolutely tell. Bizarrely, it's more authentic than a lot of modern thrash for that same reason :laugh:

Impetuous Ritual - Unholy Congregation of Hypocritical Ambivalence
- Blight upon Martyred Sentience
Ferocious stuff.

Is that all one album title? Fuck sake  :laugh:

Covenant - Nexus Polaris
Still a great sounding album.
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

Quote from: Pentagrimes on August 13, 2020, 07:15:59 PM
Being listening to the Alexis Marshall and Mr Bungle singles today.

The former is great. I'm still baffled by the latter but it's a better Slayer song than the last 3 decades of Slayer I guess
That Alexis Marshall track is really deadly, excited to hear the full release.  The Mr Bungle track is grand, good to see them back doing something even if it is, bizarrely, a demo remake.

Spotlights - "We Are All Atomic"
Deadly EP, big fan of these lads anyway.  Lush and heavy textures, hefty riffs, well worth a go.

Sunn O))) - "Life Metal"
Sure you know yourself.  Lethal anyway

The Body - "I have fought against it, but I can't any longer"
Top notch, usual harsh sort-of-industrial craic from them.  Howling vocals with a few decent guests.  Actually bought this when it came out and loved it, but it slipped through the cracks and I only ventured back to it recently.  Still excellent.

Felgrave - A Waning Light

Entrench - Violent Procreation

Death Thrash. The album is a bit too long but worth a spin, some great riffage on it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeNAnCkcRYM&list=OLAK5uy_m9nkoGt3_qOa4rMM8iMr-vPP4Iw_W1E6A