Yeah great album!,ST were one of the first metal bands i ever heard.That Dublin concert nostalgia page on Facebook put up photos of their gig from 88 or 89 in the Dublin,looked mental.

Join The Army and Lights Camera Revolution are the ST ones for me, though How Will I Laugh... is bloody good too. Controlled/Feel is a bit all over the place but has its moments.

It might be heresy to say it but I've always found the debut to be shite.

Quote from: Carnage on August 09, 2020, 01:39:07 AM

It might be heresy to say it but I've always found the debut to be shite.
the re recording of the songs on the album Still Cyco after all these years are much better imo.

No. Just no. That re-recorded version is atrocious and was released just to help get them out of their contract with Sony. It's the hardcore punk songs of the first album without the hardcore or the punk and with fucking slap bass and "Cyco Miko" in its place. Unforgivable shite. There's merit to all the ST albums up to, and including, The Art of Rebellion, after which you'd be lucky to get one good album out of everything they've recorded since.

I grew up with Still Cyco and loved it. It was only maybe ten years ago I picked up the debut and realised Still Cyco was a re-recording of it. Both sound great to my ear, the original sounding raw and 80s, Still Cyco sounding more modern and heavy. Two winners. The Art of Rebellion was cool too,  another one I listened to a fair bit as a kid.

This morning so far...
Decoryah- Wisdom Floats. Rough as a badger's hole but very cool.

Suicidal were class, I probably listened to them more when I was in school than to any other band, specifically Join the Army, how will I and Lights Camera.
Lyrics were so personal and vulnerable at times but always positive.  Must have been something in me that needed this.

I thought the rerecordings were shite too TBH, and The Art Of Rebellion was where I lost intetest, terrible album. They put out this song a couple of years ago, it was decent:

https://youtu.be/AYrxR3_z0x4

Love ST..love Still Cyco  :laugh:

'Join The Army' is my personal favourite. The production job on 'How Will I Laugh..' still sounds great though however it isn't my go-to ST album.

'Controlled..' has a bunch of re-recordings of songs from Mike Muir's other band No Mercy, who I am not overly familiar with.

Temple Nightside - Pillars of Damnation

Really enjoying this one! Nasty stuff, think Teitanblood / Dead Congregation.
Great production, love the guitar sound on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeZ9DXls2Fc

Reverend Bizarre - Goddess of Doom

As far as Doom Metal songs about Cristina Ricci goes, this is definitely up there as one of the best.

Been stuck in the back garden (which is a sun trap) doing a bit of diy (building a kids fort/slide/swing/climbing wall set) while upsetting the neighbors belting out these classic.....

Grindcrusher comp
Peacevile Vol.4 comp
Venom - The Seven Gates Of Hell: The Singles
MurkRat - MurkRat
Pentagram - Be Forewarned
Vapaudenristi ‎- Ei Maata Ilman Kansaa
Birthrite ‎- American Bulldog
W.A.S.P. - The Headless Children
Godflesh - Merciless
Hardcore Holocaust I & II comps

Chlanna Nan Con Thigibh A So's Gheibh Sibh Feoil

Quote from: Juggz on August 09, 2020, 05:52:47 AM
No. Just no. That re-recorded version is atrocious and was released just to help get them out of their contract with Sony. It's the hardcore punk songs of the first album without the hardcore or the punk and with fucking slap bass and "Cyco Miko" in its place. Unforgivable shite. There's merit to all the ST albums up to, and including, The Art of Rebellion, after which you'd be lucky to get one good album out of everything they've recorded since.
Cant agree at all,couldnt give a shit if it got them out of a jam with the lable,the songs are 100 times better on the re recordings.

Still go back to Enslaved Below the lights  and Isa,pretty flawless albums!

#2579 August 10, 2020, 09:36:06 AM Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 09:38:22 AM by open face surgery
Really like what I heard of the new Temple Nightside.

Giving the new Faceless Burial a full spin here. Great stuff so far. Could nearly be a Blood Incantation album but, as Jamie said, with a Finnish slant rather than Floridian.

https://facelessburial.bandcamp.com/album/speciation-2