The Body - ST

Such a consistently brilliant band, from start to present day.

Portal - Seepia. Been an age. Can't fault the first 3 records.

#2552 August 06, 2020, 09:52:13 PM Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 10:07:37 PM by Eoin McLove
Quote from: vinterland on August 06, 2020, 12:12:00 PM
Moonsorrow:Havitetty. Not many bands could pen two songs to last over the course of 56 minutes but Moonsorrow aren't your typical band.

Must revisit this.  I really liked it when it came out.

Fuck it.  Just grabbed it off the shelf along with Burzum- Fallen and Týr- Ragnarok. Epic drive to work tomorrow  8)

Zealot Cult - Spiritual Sickness

Finally got round to spinning Nordkarpatenland. To be honest I got it on a complete whim based on the album art, description and vinyl availability during the last Invictus raid. It's so much fucking fun, isn't it? Had a smile on my face the whole way through. The transitions from sordid pagan BM yarn spinning to full on NWOBHM stomper sections had me bopping away. 

Nokturnal Mortum  - Голос стал

Moonsorrow:Havitetty. Not many bands could pen two songs to last over the course of 56 minutes but Moonsorrow aren't your typical band.

A brilliant album.  :abbath:

Can't really go too far wrong with any of their albums. Picked up Havitetty around a decade ago in a second hand shop in Waterford. The owner of the shop had the CD priced as if it was a single or an EP for €3. Either that or he thought he wouldn't shift it too easily. Either way it would've been rude to say no at that price. Saw them during the Jorvik Viking Festival in York in 2015 and they put on a stellar performance from what I can recall.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 06, 2020, 09:52:13 PM

Must revisit this.  I really liked it when it came out.

Fuck it.  Just grabbed it off the shelf along with Burzum- Fallen and Týr- Ragnarok. Epic drive to work tomorrow  8)

Beyond Dawn- Revelry
My Dying Bride- As the Flower Withers

Burzum- Fallen. Such a brilliant album. I think it's better than Belus, which is also great, and right up there with his best earlier albums. Every song is perfectly crafted for maximum catchiness and hypnotism

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 08, 2020, 12:04:57 PM
Burzum- Fallen. Such a brilliant album. I think it's better than Belus, which is also great, and right up there with his best earlier albums. Every song is perfectly crafted for maximum catchiness and hypnotism

Agreed. Couldn't believe what I was hearing when Belus was released. I thought varg disowned metal and would have released some electronic stuff again.

I kind of drifted off Grimm his newer stuff after that as it was a mixed bag of styles and seemed to come too frequently,  but I'll have to pick up the later BM stuff and give it a fair crack of the whip at some stage.

Suicidal Tendencies - How Will Laugh Tomorrow

I've loved this album since I first heard it as a nipper.

Surely one of the greatest metal albums of all time. Mike Muir really was the business back then and the teamwork between Mike Clark and Rocky George was simply unbeatable. A proper guitar duo.

Incredible album and one of the first tapes I ever got.