Flying Saucer Attack - Further
Krallice - Go Be Forgotten
Gorguts - The Erosion Of Sanity
Hexvessel - When We Are Death

Runespell - Unhallowed Blood Oath
Martroð- Transmutation of Wounds
Runespell - Order of Vengeance

Quote from: Pentagrimes on July 21, 2020, 11:09:48 AM
First two Atrocity albums this morning - "Hallucinations" and "Todessomethingorother". Two of the best European death metal albums ever, no question.

Yep, big fan of those especially 'Tod.....', Reminded that I saw some new tshirts of both albums on some site recently that caught my eye.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Gorgoroth - Under the sign of hell (original).

I absolutely love the drum sound on this album. Hat is a much better vocalist but Pest is a close 2nd.

Pity the Pest reunion didn't last. Atteringer sounds good in Triumfall. He just tried something new on Instinctus Bestialis and it didn't really work.

Don't purchase that much vinyl but had a bid for €40 on the original Malicious Records pressing of this release on ebay last week. In the end after 64 bids it was sold for half a grand. Lockdown does funny things to some people.

Quote from: Blackout on July 22, 2020, 09:18:44 AM
Gorgoroth - Under the sign of hell (original).

I absolutely love the drum sound on this album. Hat is a much better vocalist but Pest is a close 2nd.

Jaysus! Why would it be worth so much?! I've no clue about these types of things.

Quote from: hellfire on July 22, 2020, 10:13:20 AM
Pity the Pest reunion didn't last. Atteringer sounds good in Triumfall. He just tried something new on Instinctus Bestialis and it didn't really work.

I'm not a fan tbh and I love the Gaahl era stuff.

Thergothon- 'Stream from the Heavens'.

Original pressings sometimes fetch big money especially if the band in question goes on to acquire greater fame (or should that be infamy?!) in the world of metal. Malicious Records are now defunct which can add value to previous releases. In such instances demand will far outweigh supply. No Fashion Records are another good example of a label where CDs and vinyl fetch big bucks. I've seen Unanimated's debut go for crazy money on ebay but nothing like what Gorgoroth ended up fetching.

Quote from: Blackout on July 22, 2020, 10:28:00 AM
Jaysus! Why would it be worth so much?! I've no clue about these types of things.

Madness. I imagine they're probably mostly collected by investors as opposed to actual metal fans.

Quote from: Blackout on July 22, 2020, 10:29:08 AM
Quote from: hellfire on July 22, 2020, 10:13:20 AM

I'm not a fan tbh and I love the Gaahl era stuff.

I like the Gaahl era stuff too. In hindsight it wasn't fair to either party. Gaahl was operating within the confines of an orthodox black metal band and trying to drag it into something it wasn't.  I find his recent solo output to be stellar because he wasn't operating within someone elses confines. If you want to hear the best stuff Gaahl ever did then check out Trelldom. You can thank me later.

I'm not a black metal fan in general but Gorgoroth's Ad Majorem Sathanas Gloriam is one of my favourites, due in no small part to Gaahl's vocals. Interesting chap too, once you get past the affectations.

Nagelfar - Hünengrab im Herbst    
                    Srontgorrth

Bunch of promos I have to review on the laptop here, so it's the Self-Hypnosis "Contagion of Despair"