I've been mainly listening to Devourment's  Obscene Majesty the lady few days. Such quality riffage.

Apostate- At The Tomb Of Sanity
Grand Magus- Wolf God
Meatwound- Culero

#1367 April 07, 2020, 08:43:52 AM Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 08:45:25 AM by Eoin McLove
Thorr's Hammer- 'Dommedahsnatt'. I picked up the pic LP of this back when Southern Lord reissued it in 09 and it didn't really do much for me at the time.  Wasn't slow enough or wasn't heavy enough or whatever... just didn't really click. Pulled it out this morning and I'm enjoying it much more. Nice gnarly tone from the guitars and I really like Runhild's use of harsh growls and clean droning vocals. Quite unique, actually. Occasionally my hoarding of records wins.

Quote from: Abandon All Hope on April 03, 2020, 12:08:08 AM
Black Curse - Endless Wound

Pre-ordered,  absolute killer sounding been playing it while scrubbing the yard, yard has never been so clean.

The sun is out so by default it must be the following:

Faith No More - Angel Dust
Down - Nola
White Zombie - Astrocreep...
Metallica - Load
Monster Magnet - Powertrip

Any time the weather picks up like this I'm happy enough to stick to the same bundle.

I was looking for something to stick on and Doomshine 'Thy Kingdom Come' jumped out at me from the shelf. I loved the two songs on the preceding 7", both of which appear on the full length,  but for whatever reason the album didn't grab me at the time and has been gathering dust for a decade or more. Quite enjoying it this morning I have to admit. Maybe not as dark as certain traditional doom bands nor a epic as others, but it's no write off either. Going to give it the attention it deserved at the time.

Warp Chamber - Implements Of Excruciating. Was really looking forward to this. 2 tracks from the Abdication of the Mind EP (possibly rerecorded or remastered) and 2 new tracks. Production much cleaner than expected and not for the better imo. Still pretty great but not as I'd  hoped.

Mourning Beloveth and Ruins of Beverast split. MB  side does nothing for me but ROB track is a warped atmospheric beast. Lovely stuff

Quote from: M.Hopkins on April 10, 2020, 04:29:33 PM
Warp Chamber - Implements Of Excruciating. Was really looking forward to this. 2 tracks from the Abdication of the Mind EP (possibly rerecorded or remastered) and 2 new tracks. Production much cleaner than expected and not for the better imo. Still pretty great but not as I'd  hoped.

Mourning Beloveth and Ruins of Beverast split. MB  side does nothing for me but ROB track is a warped atmospheric beast. Lovely stuff
I'm the exact opposite. I'm a huge Ruins fan, but that track does nothing for me.
The MB track is a masterpiece for me and I'll be sticking on the headphones later for another couple of spins.

Slidhr- 'The Futile Fires of Man'. Savage album.

Up next, Rebirth of Nefast- 'Tabernaculum'.

Quote from: Wiseblood on April 08, 2020, 04:14:16 PM
The sun is out so by default it must be the following:

Faith No More - Angel Dust
Down - Nola
White Zombie - Astrocreep...
Metallica - Load
Monster Magnet - Powertrip

Any time the weather picks up like this I'm happy enough to stick to the same bundle.

Great sunny day playlist

Queensrÿche - Operation: Mindcrime

Howling Sycamore s/t 'Midway'... what a track sweet solos, love the vocals.

Baphomet - The Dead Shall Inherit

Dawn Ray'd - The Unlawful Assembly

Gene Clark - No Other

Enslaved - Eld

Quote from: OpenSores on April 11, 2020, 02:11:38 PM

While all of his projects have been musical Marmite, David Tiso is right up the top of the most talented guitarists active today, unquestionably. This last week I've been particularly enjoying the solo at the end of this overlooked track from an already overlooked album:

https://youtu.be/OgCCTunhZT0

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on April 11, 2020, 03:24:44 PM
Quote from: OpenSores on April 11, 2020, 02:11:38 PM

While all of his projects have been musical Marmite, David Tiso is right up the top of the most talented guitarists active today, unquestionably. This last week I've been particularly enjoying the solo at the end of this overlooked track from an already overlooked album:

https://youtu.be/OgCCTunhZT0

I've only got Phormula and Through My Dog's Eyes physically which I thoroughly enjoy, listening to Hemmed by Light, Shaped by Darkness now and it's fantastic to these ears, talented musician.

Marduk - World Funeral

Entombed-To Ride shoot straight and speak the truth.

Always loved this album!