New Atlantean Kodex resounding through the house today, glorious stuff, just emptying the dishwasher feels like entering battle on a trusty steed.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Gorefest - Erase
Dissection - Reinkaos.
Abbath -Abbath.
Vltimas -  Something wicked.
Katatonia - Dance of december souls.
Katatonia  Primordial split.

Totális metál by Pokolgép

Via the wonder of noise cancelling headphones with oomph, I'm out and about and able to listen to early Voivod, notably Killing Technology and Dimension Hatros.

Epic records.

Anthrax - We've Come For You All.

Ranks alongside Sound Of White Noise as the best of the Bush era. I saw them twice on this tour and they were savage (despite the 2nd time being to a well under capacity Ambassador). I do wish that they had kept this line-up going. Nothing they've done since has interested me.

Quote from: Wiseblood on February 06, 2020, 08:53:52 AM
Anthrax - We've Come For You All.

Ranks alongside Sound Of White Noise as the best of the Bush era. I saw them twice on this tour and they were savage (despite the 2nd time being to a well under capacity Ambassador). I do wish that they had kept this line-up going. Nothing they've done since has interested me.
I was never a huge fan of the albums with Bush bar WCFYA,a brilliant album.
But the two albums since JB returned were very good,especially Worship Music.

Cancer- Death Shall Rise

Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese

I once had a pint glass hurled at my head over this album. I still like it though. It was all downhill from there for them.

Sick Of It All - Just Look Around. Seems fairly apt with election time on the horizon.

Quote from: Nail_Bombed on February 06, 2020, 10:33:56 AM
Sick Of It All - Just Look Around. Seems fairly apt with election time on the horizon.

Good Album

Quote from: Doctor Crippen on February 06, 2020, 10:41:03 AM

Good Album

Aye, definitely one of the best examples of the heavier style of NYHC at the time. Scratch The Surface is still my fave album by them, but Just Look had a speed and beat to it that was hard to match at the time.

Mgla -  Exercise in futility.

Quote from: Nail_Bombed on February 06, 2020, 10:44:18 AM
Quote from: Doctor Crippen on February 06, 2020, 10:41:03 AM

Good Album

Aye, definitely one of the best examples of the heavier style of NYHC at the time. Scratch The Surface is still my fave album by them, but Just Look had a speed and beat to it that was hard to match at the time.

Yeah the earlier stuff the better for me, they went a bit commercial or less raw sounding for me with some of their later stuff.

Quote from: Juggz on February 06, 2020, 10:20:49 AM
Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese

I once had a pint glass hurled at my head over this album. I still like it though. It was all downhill from there for them.

I put "Tommy the Cat" on at a house party many years ago and got called a cunt for it.

Then again, I am a bit of a cunt  :laugh:

Had Antipop on earlier, I know it gets a bit of stick for being more straightforward than the rest of their stuff  it I still think it's great. Sailing and the Brown Album would still be my favourites though