Quotea random pull gave me Aenima

no stinkfist for her

So much for watching my posts  :-\
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 05, 2026, 11:25:52 PM
Quotea random pull gave me Aenima

no stinkfist for her

It's pints of Guinness you should be pulling.

Ænima is their best for me, but I dug out Undertow for the first time in years a while back and it went down really well, better than when it was released. 'Tis underrated.

Mortuary Drape - Secret Sudaria
Dokken - Under Lock and key
Funeral Mist - Salvation
Solstice - New Dark Age

Legendry - Heavy Metal Adventure
Autopsy - Acts of the Unspeakable
In Flames - Whoracle
Tiamat - Clouds
Venom - Black Metal

Blasphemy - Fallen Angel of Doom

Forbidden Temple- In The Rotting Grave.

Verminous Serpent - The Malign Covenant (Need a bit of filth with all this shite weather we're getting in Spain at the moment)

Worm - Forceverglade

Warning - Watching From A Distance

Tiamat - Wildhoney (never got into this as much as the previous albums and never listened to anything they did after... Am I missing anything essential?)

Aggressive Perfector- Havoc At The Midnight Hour

Harrowed - The Eternal Hunger 

Witching Hour - Descending...  Where Time Has Ceased To Exist (don't think I would give it a score quite as low as Thorn's, but it isn't going to end up in my end of year list either - I don't mind the vocals at all and the riffs are great!).

Deceptor - Reign of Terror (this might make my end of year list - old school Death/Thrash on Dying Victims a couple of months ago.  Nothing new but it has been hitting the spot for me).

Quote from: Thorn on October 05, 2026, 11:10:36 PMI haven't listened to Tool in years but a random pull gave me Aenima for the upcoming week so ..interesting to see how that goes.

I put this on yesterday. It is of course very good, Undertow too (was the first Tool album I owned), but Lateralus and later is the period I most vibe with.

Either way, can only take so much before getting the itch for something bloody animal though, so tis the Gospel of the Horns boxset this morning.

#19960 October 07, 2026, 09:36:57 AM Last Edit: October 07, 2026, 12:28:18 PM by Eoin McLove
Grotesque Bliss this evening. Lovely stuff.
Death Appeal- There's Hope Yet.

This week has me going back to some oldies
Suicidal Tendencies - Join The Army
Suicidal Tendencies - Controlled By Hatred...
Anathema - Serenades
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Gave the new A Perfect Circle single a listen too and it's not bad.

Quote from: Anvil on October 07, 2026, 08:26:06 AMWorm - Forceverglade

Warning - Watching From A Distance

Tiamat - Wildhoney (never got into this as much as the previous albums and never listened to anything they did after... Am I missing anything essential?)

Aggressive Perfector- Havoc At The Midnight Hour

Harrowed - The Eternal Hunger 

Witching Hour - Descending...  Where Time Has Ceased To Exist (don't think I would give it a score quite as low as Thorn's, but it isn't going to end up in my end of year list either - I don't mind the vocals at all and the riffs are great!).

Deceptor - Reign of Terror (this might make my end of year list - old school Death/Thrash on Dying Victims a couple of months ago.  Nothing new but it has been hitting the spot for me).

Try Amanethes by Tiamat. It's like a mixture of all the styles they have done on one album. I'd say that's actually my favorite by them. I think Wildhoney is very overrated. Quite a boring album I find.

Quote from: Anvil on October 07, 2026, 08:26:06 AMWorm - Forceverglade

Warning - Watching From A Distance

Tiamat - Wildhoney (never got into this as much as the previous albums and never listened to anything they did after... Am I missing anything essential?)

Aggressive Perfector- Havoc At The Midnight Hour

Harrowed - The Eternal Hunger 

Witching Hour - Descending...  Where Time Has Ceased To Exist (don't think I would give it a score quite as low as Thorn's, but it isn't going to end up in my end of year list either - I don't mind the vocals at all and the riffs are great!).

Deceptor - Reign of Terror (this might make my end of year list - old school Death/Thrash on Dying Victims a couple of months ago.  Nothing new but it has been hitting the spot for me).

I think The Scarred People is a great album.

Just to chime in on Tiamat, I lost interest with A Deeper Kind of Slumber, but I love Wildhoney in all its low-key glory. I really should try some of the later stuff at some point.

Last six metal albums for me:
Nocternity (Greece, 2015) – Harps of the Ancient Temples [total plodfest, but has its charms]
Fauna (USA, 2025) – Ochre & Ash [one of the best albums from last year]
The Ruins of Beverast (Germany, 2009) – Unlock the Shrine [easily their best, and the last excellent one up until the new one]
Xasthur (USA, 2026) – Open to Misinterpretation [I don't know what I was fucking thinking listening to this, semi-acoustic reworks of his greatest hits, pointless]
Drenskapur (Germany, 2020) – Was der Morast verschlang [getting lots of spins the past month or so, Moorwanderer is a class track]
Nachtymistium (USA, 2024) – Blight Privilege [nice to come back to this after playing it a bit too much when it came out]