Quote from: astfgyl on October 03, 2026, 11:17:13 AMSaw something with the singer from American Head Charge about a year ago and he's a proper meth or crack addict now.

I listened to The Feeding by them at the time I saw that interview with him and I thought it wasn't the worst, but The War Of Art is a lot better
Quote from: Trev on October 03, 2026, 11:21:27 AMAh I used to love those first two albums, still stick on War of Art now and then but it could have done with trimming off a few songs

Think the bassist that wrote everything died a few years ago, and the singer is homeless now

I prefer The Feeding over The War of Art, a bit more variety in the songs I think, and especially with the vocal performance in the singy parts.

Just had a quick search regarding the singer there, apparently there was some fundraiser thing set up for him recently by fans, he's got social housing now and is looking to get off the gear.

Anyways, keeping with my earlier theme:

Mastodon - Cold Dark Place
American Head Charge - The Feeding

The new Dissimulator album!, pretty class!

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son
Enslaved - Frost
MegatonSword - Might & Power
Aura Noir - Out to Die

Swans- Children Of God. Nothing I've listened to by Swans ever did it for me in the past, and when I saw them live I thought they were a joke. A bad one! But... but! This is clicking with me tonight. Maybe it's Swans time in Chez McLove  8)

work bacwards from there for the good stuff.

I'd have said work forward! Sure they're so varied that somewhere along the way you're bound to find something that hits the right note.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on Today at 12:44:01 PMSwans- Children Of God. Nothing I've listened to by Swans ever did it for me in the past, and when I saw them live I thought they were a joke. A bad one! But... but! This is clicking with me tonight. Maybe it's Swans time in Chez McLove  8)

When did you see them live? I saw them a couple of years ago and I was amazed

I saw them at Chaos Descends around ten years ago.

Re. Swans, big fan you can dip in and out and always find something amazing...this maybe of some interest:

https://youtu.be/-vPQVJPzM78?si=2UFSTzWtNhZw6gdR

#19944 Today at 08:15:51 PM Last Edit: Today at 08:17:40 PM by astfgyl
It probably wasn't that much different to how I saw them then to be fair. Horses for courses and all that..

Anyway back on topic I just had a run through of the Chat Pile album after getting the CD delivered. So yeah it's wonderful and all but what was a very pleasant surprise was that after the last track, the tracks kept going and when it got to 99 there was a shitty little bonus track at the end but having listened to it only online before now it was a very pleasant surprise even though the song was definitely shit sounding it is still cool.

Between this and the Godflesh album, the new album gods have been good to me the last month or so

#19945 Today at 10:22:04 PM Last Edit: Today at 10:38:57 PM by Thorn
Hexorcist - Crucificial Imprecations 9/10
The most violent half hour of Morbid Death Metal I've heard all year, going to have to grab that debut of Invictus after snaring this.

Cirith Ungol - Servants Of Chaos 8.5/10
Two cds and a dvd's worth of old and alternative recordings (synth madness) ahead of the new album this month. Heads up Carnage!

Helloween - Live...In The Uk 8/10
Lot of nostalgia for this one, my second live one ever after Maiden's ,finding some of the in between song goofiness irksome now with age but the segue into Future World is still pretty fuckin' cool.

Sorcery - The Immaculate Sin 7.5/10
Swedish DM pioneers back with their fifth full length which satisfyingly marries the brutal melodies of Dismember with the blunt force of Asphyx. I do love a purple DM cover and this one's a beaut. Might flirt around the edges of a top 26 for '26 .

Deathstorm - Cascophonies 7.5/10
After five albums in twenty years, these thrashers have called it a day and lowered their flag of hate shortly after releasing this one back in May. One more half hour of Austrian kreated thrash to go out on? Don't mind if I do.

Witching Hour - Descending...Where Time Has Ceased To Exist 5/10
The album cover would suggest Atlantean Kodex style epic Doom but Germany's Witching Hour play an uptempo blackened Heavy Metal more in the vein of Deceased. This is my first pick up despite them being around for twenty odd years but ,and it's a big Serena Williams size butt, the grating, monotone vocal style , while not a dealbreaker for me, is definitely the weak link here and pulls this down from a minimum 8/10, the music itself is that good.

Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Thorn on Today at 10:22:04 PMCirith Ungol - Servants Of Chaos 8.5/10
Two cds and a dvd's worth of old and alternative recordings (synth madness) ahead of the new album this month. Heads up Carnage!

I'd rather stick knitting needles in my ears.  :laugh:

 :laugh:
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Tool - 10,000 Days
Godflesh - Decay
Tool - Fear Inoculum


I haven't listened to Tool in years but a random pull gave me Aenima for the upcoming week so ..interesting to see how that goes.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes