#19905 September 29, 2026, 11:27:44 PM Last Edit: September 29, 2026, 11:56:50 PM by Barnacle Billy
Mind Funk s/t (1991)....

On the funk buzz thanks to the 24-7 Spyz rec earlier.....

Such a good album, and has aged so well.

Recommended = ja


Quote from: Trev on September 29, 2026, 10:32:18 PMBiomechanical - Cannibalised

Remember picking this up years ago because I liked the cover, but thought it was shite. Figured I'd give a go again, still shite

Without looking it up, am I right in thinking Devin Townsend had some production credit on that because it's reminding me of something I picked up on the strength of that, and it was shocking bad.

Maybe I'm thinking of something else altogether as well.

Anyway, NP Godflesh -Decay. Savage

I own the first Biomechanical album, but never had the urge to buy any more.

Another day of pretty much listening to music during the sunlight hours.

Rotting Christ - Triarchy of the Lost Lovers
Iced Earth - Enter the Realm
Iced Earth - Iced Earth
Iced Earth - Night of the Storm rider
Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings  (just grabbed the Dark Genesis boxes set off the shelf and listened through the albums... But not the covers album, that is a fucking travesty)
Virgin Steele - Hymns to Victory
Necrophobic - Darkside
Hallas - Isle of Wisdom
Blood Incantation - Starspawn

Biomechanical; a name i haven't heard in yesrs!They supported someone here back in the 2000s.

Malevolent creation-The will to kill!

I vaguely remember Empires Of The World by Biomechanical to be a kind of decent album but it's been about 20 years since I last heard it. They always seemed like a band with big potential and then they disappeared.

Definitely had potential, they could all play and the singer had a range from Anselmo to Halford. Cannibalised had some decent riffs but they try to cram a million other things on top and nothing is given a chance to develop

Quote from: Anvil on September 29, 2026, 07:28:11 AMSpace Chaser - Razorblade Bay



It's okay, but the vocals are a big downgrade compared to before.

#19913 October 01, 2026, 12:30:49 AM Last Edit: October 01, 2026, 12:33:55 AM by Cailleach
Satanic Warmaster -  Strength & Honour         
                                Opferblut   
                                Carelian Satanist Madness         
                                Nachzehrer   
                                Fimbulwinter
                                Aamongandr   

Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on September 30, 2026, 07:39:07 PM
Quote from: Anvil on September 29, 2026, 07:28:11 AMSpace Chaser - Razorblade Bay



It's okay, but the vocals are a big downgrade compared to before.

The vocals just don't work for me, shame as I liked the previous albums. 

Spiritus Mortis - The Great Seal (always had a soft spot for these Finns.  Solid Doom).
Messa - Close
Necrophobic - The Eternal Silence
Lunar Shadow - Wish to Leave

Critical Defiance - Rivers of Blood

Savage gear. I must give their back catalogue a spin.

#19916 October 01, 2026, 12:35:36 PM Last Edit: October 01, 2026, 02:47:40 PM by Carnage
Godflesh: Decay

Second listen, fairly crushing alright, the bass in particular. Such a bleak atmosphere to it, more so than the last few.

Iron Man: Black Night

I've wanted to give this a listen since seeing an ad for it in the booklet for Count Raven's High On Infinity, well over 30 years ago. It's a bit all over the place but there's something there alright.

Hammerfall: Legacy Of Kings

Generally not a power metal fan but the title track alone is worth spinning this for.

Venom - Black Metal  :abbath:  :abbath:  :

#19918 October 02, 2026, 01:36:28 AM Last Edit: October 02, 2026, 02:32:59 AM by Carnage
Type O Negative: Dead Again

I haven't played this since it came out. Hmmmm....

Edit: No, fuck that. Back to the relative safety of October Rust it is.

Nightstick: Blotter

Grotesque Bliss- s/t.
Abigor- Leytmotif Luzifer. This is without a doubt the most modern an complex sounding album I've bought in a long time. It's really good for what it is, and the overall packaging is superb and very complimentary. That said, I much prefer the older stuff. Supreme Immortal Art is just feckin.... SUPREME.