#19875 September 27, 2026, 02:59:10 PM Last Edit: September 27, 2026, 03:42:14 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Ufomammut - Eve

This and Idolum (which will be going on next) remain perfect albums  :abbath:

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on September 27, 2026, 02:59:10 PMUfomammut - Eve

This and Idolum (which will be going on next) remain perfect albums  :abbath:

Savage albums. Love both of them. I'd add Oro:Opus Alter as well

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 26, 2026, 06:15:50 AM
Quote from: Mithrandir on September 26, 2026, 03:17:51 AMUniverse - Universe
Ride for Revenge - Angels fly Low

Whatjamake of the new RFR. Savage tunes but that low mix melts me!

I like it, enjoying it more than the last couple. Yeah the mix is mental, almost sounds like someone recorded it from outside the hall they're playing in. But it's working for me, muddy and nasty.

Quote from: Mithrandir on September 28, 2026, 06:58:59 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 26, 2026, 06:15:50 AM
Quote from: Mithrandir on September 26, 2026, 03:17:51 AMUniverse - Universe
Ride for Revenge - Angels fly Low

Whatjamake of the new RFR. Savage tunes but that low mix melts me!

I like it, enjoying it more than the last couple. Yeah the mix is mental, almost sounds like someone recorded it from outside the hall they're playing in. But it's working for me, muddy and nasty.
That's a good description alright  ;D
I have it on now. Scuzzy af...

Sigh - Goh-Ka
Lunar Shadow - Far From Light

Pretty much had the sigh on repeat for most of the morning and afternoon.  It has really clicked with me.     


Quote from: Mithrandir on September 28, 2026, 10:08:31 AMHail Nasty Ronnie  8)


Nice. What setup are you running the Audio-Technica through?


Cliff: 40 years dead yesterday....
I'm sure a lot of us wonder how Metallica would have been had her survived that accident. A sad loss to music...

Quote from: Barnacle Billy on September 28, 2026, 10:15:06 AM
Quote from: Mithrandir on September 28, 2026, 10:08:31 AMHail Nasty Ronnie  8)


Nice. What setup are you running the Audio-Technica through?


Ah my setup is pretty shite at the moment, I'm just running straight into a pair of active edifier 1700s, well overdue proper upgrade. 

#19884 September 28, 2026, 11:24:53 AM Last Edit: September 28, 2026, 11:37:24 AM by Barnacle Billy
Quote from: Mithrandir on September 28, 2026, 11:16:23 AM
Quote from: Barnacle Billy on September 28, 2026, 10:15:06 AM
Quote from: Mithrandir on September 28, 2026, 10:08:31 AMHail Nasty Ronnie  8)


Nice. What setup are you running the Audio-Technica through?


Ah my setup is pretty shite at the moment, I'm just running straight into a pair of active edifier 1700s, well overdue proper upgrade. 
Get a decent phono pre-amp first. You'll be amazed at how it'll beef up even that system you're using now... and you'll have it for when you do upgrade the speakers, and or the turntable too...

I run the Cambridge Alba Dou pre-amp on my system. It's great and offers good pump for decent money, plus it has a headphone jack for when the neighbours want a bit of sleep.
I'd say it's around the €300 to €350 mark. Although I got my one on sale for around €200, so Black Friday will be around again soon enough if you want to save up and be ready.
I'm sure there's loads on the market that would be around your budget, but definitely a bit of kit that's worth picking up, if even to beef up the sound on those Edifiers before you upgrade...


https://www.analogplanet.com/content/cambridge-audios-duo-phono-preampheadphone-amplifier-outperforms-its-low-price

Sarke - Bogefod
        Vorunah

Quote from: Barnacle Billy on September 28, 2026, 11:24:53 AM
Quote from: Mithrandir on September 28, 2026, 11:16:23 AM
Quote from: Barnacle Billy on September 28, 2026, 10:15:06 AM
Quote from: Mithrandir on September 28, 2026, 10:08:31 AMHail Nasty Ronnie  8)


Nice. What setup are you running the Audio-Technica through?


Ah my setup is pretty shite at the moment, I'm just running straight into a pair of active edifier 1700s, well overdue proper upgrade. 
Get a decent phono pre-amp first. You'll be amazed at how it'll beef up even that system you're using now... and you'll have it for when you do upgrade the speakers, and or the turntable too...

I run the Cambridge Alba Dou pre-amp on my system. It's great and offers good pump for decent money, plus it has a headphone jack for when the neighbours want a bit of sleep.
I'd say it's around the €300 to €350 mark. Although I got my one on sale for around €200, so Black Friday will be around again soon enough if you want to save up and be ready.
I'm sure there's loads on the market that would be around your budget, but definitely a bit of kit that's worth picking up, if even to beef up the sound on those Edifiers before you upgrade...


https://www.analogplanet.com/content/cambridge-audios-duo-phono-preampheadphone-amplifier-outperforms-its-low-price

Brilliant, thanks for that, will keep an eye out for one, cheers!

Quote from: Dr Rockso on September 27, 2026, 07:26:59 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on September 27, 2026, 02:59:10 PMUfomammut - Eve

This and Idolum (which will be going on next) remain perfect albums  :abbath:

Savage albums. Love both of them. I'd add Oro:Opus Alter as well

Yup, definitely. Never really got into Ecate, even though it's the only one I have on vinyl (picked up at a gig), and haven't paid much attention since.

Vile Apparition - Malignity

Quote from: Mithrandir on September 28, 2026, 01:01:39 PM
Quote from: Barnacle Billy on September 28, 2026, 11:24:53 AM
Quote from: Mithrandir on September 28, 2026, 11:16:23 AM
Quote from: Barnacle Billy on September 28, 2026, 10:15:06 AM
Quote from: Mithrandir on September 28, 2026, 10:08:31 AMHail Nasty Ronnie  8)


Nice. What setup are you running the Audio-Technica through?


Ah my setup is pretty shite at the moment, I'm just running straight into a pair of active edifier 1700s, well overdue proper upgrade. 
Get a decent phono pre-amp first. You'll be amazed at how it'll beef up even that system you're using now... and you'll have it for when you do upgrade the speakers, and or the turntable too...

I run the Cambridge Alba Dou pre-amp on my system. It's great and offers good pump for decent money, plus it has a headphone jack for when the neighbours want a bit of sleep.
I'd say it's around the €300 to €350 mark. Although I got my one on sale for around €200, so Black Friday will be around again soon enough if you want to save up and be ready.
I'm sure there's loads on the market that would be around your budget, but definitely a bit of kit that's worth picking up, if even to beef up the sound on those Edifiers before you upgrade...


https://www.analogplanet.com/content/cambridge-audios-duo-phono-preampheadphone-amplifier-outperforms-its-low-price

Brilliant, thanks for that, will keep an eye out for one, cheers!
It's the most logical thing for you to do, if your record player and active speakers have a bit of life left in them.