Nails, all 3 albums.
Pestilence - Hadeon
Sepultura - Machine Messiah
Napalm Death - Coded Smears

Iron Maiden - SSOASS

How could it all go so wrong so quickly after this masterpiece?

Warning- The Strength to Dream

Memoriam - requiem for mankind
Ten Ton Slug

getting ready for gig this weekend!

Bad Religion- How could hell be any worse

Quote from: Doctor Crippen on September 06, 2019, 05:36:58 PM
Bad Religion- How could hell be any worse
Great record,  Ive been binging on plenty of 80's hardcore lately, Adolescents, first couple T.S.O.L, Battalion of Saints, Big Boys. Such a great era

Totally agree, lately for me on top of that I've been hammering a lot of early D.R.I, The Germs and Crass, great drinking music 🍺

Graveland- In the Glare of Burning Churches
Diocletian- Amongst the Flames of a Bvrning God

#713 September 07, 2019, 09:56:24 AM Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 10:02:15 AM by Pentagrimes
Inter Arma "Sulphur English". Wasn't overly familiar with these before but this is really something. Very intriguing and quite unlike a lot of metal I've heard this year. I can see myself listening to this a lot over the next while.
Mizmor "Cairn". Yeah, some good moments but the way certain journalists I've seen rave on about it online you'd expect something a bit more special than it is.

Ihsahn - The Adversay
                After
Immortal - Pure Holocaust

Sacrilegia- The Triclavian Advent

Reverorum ib Malacht- Urkaos.

#717 September 09, 2019, 09:27:59 AM Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 09:31:13 AM by Pentagrimes
Went through the Autopsy (pre-reformation) back catalogue last night for the first time in way too long. And then Swallowed's "Lunarterial". Why I don't do this on a daily basisis is beyond me, bar the fact that the end result of doing so might probably reduce me to some sort of gibbering madman.

Going to get through the post reformation Autopsy discography this week. Wasn't thrilled with most of it on release, might be time to dig for some filthy gems in there as the few newish songs they played when I saw them a couple years ago sounded more exciting than recorded ("Burial" in particular)

Also whoever I gave/sold my Swallowed shirts to, giss them back thx.

Good shout,  I must fire it into the car this evening. I believe there is a new project in the works from the lads but I think Swallowed is at least on the backburner,  if not dead.

Actually here is the comment from the Swallowed dude.  Promising news...

Well there is a bunch of material but it's not clear whether it will be released under the swallowed monicker or somehow else.
Thanks for the praise, personally 1/4th of that album is plastic and undercooked, which is a shame since the riffs took a long time to conjure.
If I'm looking at the future it's more organic/runic, but maybe a sort of coagulation out of how this work became more than it should have.
Currently I'm finalising a more metal oriented beast a la 87-89 but Autopsy tuning back into Morbid Angel, certain crossover tendencies, sadistik exekution ie occult death thrash. That should be recorded pretty soon.
V....