Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 30, 2024, 01:02:15 PMI haven't seen Barry in years but I believe he's back down in Sligo and running marathons! That's a change   :laugh: I hope he's keeping well. You should get him on here.

He is indeed back in Sligo and also running marathons - officially in the "fit as fuck" category! He's also keeping well and happy out.

I sent him on the link for the forum last night, so hopefully he'll pop in!

Death Possession - "Demiurge of a Foul Form" demo
A thing i've definitely heard before, but definitely captures the feel I want in death metal. Best US demo I've heard since Ossuary maybe

Smoulder - Violent Creed Of Vengeance
Carcass - Torn Arteries

Sidus Atrum - Cold Silence

ROSE TATTOO - Rose Tattoo
ROSE TATTOO - Assault & Battery
ROSE TATTOO - Scarred For Life

Mastodon - Crack The Skye
Anthrax - Sound Of White Noise
Paradise Lost - Shades Of God and Icon. 2 brilliant albums hampered by such shite drumming.

I think I've seen you mention the drumming on those PL albums before. I never picked up on any issues myself. Shades of God is savage and I've no issues with it at all. Icon has some cool songs but a lot of it passes through my skull without leaving any kind of impression. I think it and Draconian suffer from all of the songs seeming to have been written in the same key and at the same tempo. There's so little variation.

Quote from: The Wretch on July 30, 2024, 09:50:30 PMROSE TATTOO - Rose Tattoo

Great stuff.  Their best song is 'Tramp', love blasting that one in the car

Altura - mercy
Icon - night of the crime
Labyrinth - return to heaven denied
Balance of power - ten more tales

Quote from: 91/30 on July 31, 2024, 01:56:26 AM

Savage tune. Although my favourite is probably Magnum Maid. That whole Assault & Battery album is incredible actually, especially Manzil Madness, Suicide City, All The Lessons, and the title track. Absolute bangers. Great live band too. 

Quote from: The Wretch on July 31, 2024, 02:52:36 AM
Quote from: 91/30 on July 31, 2024, 01:56:26 AM

Savage tune. Although my favourite is probably Magnum Maid. That whole Assault & Battery album is incredible actually, especially Manzil Madness, Suicide City, All The Lessons, and the title track. Absolute bangers. Great live band too. 

Listening to that these days knowing that Angry stood for election for the Ossie equivalent of Fine Gael  Haha. Fuckin spoiled it. 'All the Lessons' what a song, what lyrics -

Don't turn the other cheek
Unless you want it beaten in
I fight violence with violence
It's the only way to win
All the lessons we gotta learn
All the bridges we gotta burn, burn 'em

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 30, 2024, 10:26:31 PMI think I've seen you mention the drumming on those PL albums before. I never picked up on any issues myself. Shades of God is savage and I've no issues with it at all. Icon has some cool songs but a lot of it passes through my skull without leaving any kind of impression. I think it and Draconian suffer from all of the songs seeming to have been written in the same key and at the same tempo. There's so little variation.

Shades in particular sounds like he struggles with the most basic stuff. This is something the band have mentioned in the past too and hence why he was replaced. It doesn't stand out as much on account that Holmes and Mackintosh were so amazing on their parts. I still love the album though.

Flight - Echoes of Journeys Past
Crypt Sermon - The Stygian Rose
Skyclad - A Burnt Offering
MegatonSword - Blood Hails Steel

#13828 July 31, 2024, 10:32:50 AM Last Edit: August 01, 2024, 01:11:09 AM by jobrok1
Partholón - The Ocean Pours In
Black Sabbath - Tyr & Cross Purposes
Havukruunu - Rauta Ja Tulta
Horn - Daudswiärk
Spirit Drift - Ghost At The Gallows

Mortify - Fragments at the Edge of Sorrow

Another excellent Chilean band. They're breeding death metal superhumans in Chile.

Mefitis - Emberdawn

Only 5 years late to the party with these lads. Savage shtuff.