What? All of them? Warrel salutes you  :abbath:
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Kadavar - The Isolation Tapes
Wytch Hazel - IV:Sacrament
Dio - Dream Evil
The Gates Of Slumber - Conqueror

Had my wisdom teeth out today was trying to think of something relaxing to listen to, wanted something less harsh than Bergtatt, something less depressing than Watching from a distance and was told it was going to be an hour so needed to be longer than Epicus Doomicus so ended up with Solstice - New Dark Age. As unenjoyable of an experience it was, being out of my head on nitrous oxide listening to Cimmerian Codex was pretty fun.

I had Emperor's Prometheus in my headphones when I got my wisdom teeth out. The dentist had told me to bring some music that would distract from the drilling and that was the best thing I could think of to mask it out  :laugh:  :abbath:

Quote from: Thorn on July 20, 2023, 07:50:14 PMWhat? All of them? Warrel salutes you  :abbath:

Yup, all of them. Can very happily listen to Warrel for hours on end.

I threw Isa by Enslaved on just now. I picked it up in 2006 I think as I remember having it on my Creative Zen back then and listening to it on my first archaeology jobs. I liked it but never really loved it and I don't think I've put it on once in the intervening years, despite having become a bit of a fan of their stuff since, particularly the early stuff. I'm surprised at how much of it I remember; it's all coming back to me. A nice little nostalgia buzz  8)

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 21, 2023, 08:47:32 AM
Quote from: Thorn on July 20, 2023, 07:50:14 PMWhat? All of them? Warrel salutes you  :abbath:

Yup, all of them. Can very happily listen to Warrel for hours on end.

I'll do a run-through of all their stuff every couple of years, coupled with Sanctuary and the Warrel and Loomis solo stuff. Obviously some are better than others but I don't think there's a bad album amongst the lot

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 21, 2023, 10:21:46 AMI threw Isa by Enslaved on just now. I picked it up in 2006 I think as I remember having it on my Creative Zen back then and listening to it on my first archaeology jobs. I liked it but never really loved it and I don't think I've put it on once in the intervening years, despite having become a bit of a fan of their stuff since, particularly the early stuff. I'm surprised at how much of it I remember; it's all coming back to me. A nice little nostalgia buzz  8)
Brilliant album,the run of albums they did around that period was unbelievable.Their gig in Dublin in 2006 still one of my all time favourite gigs
Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 21, 2023, 10:21:46 AMI threw Isa by Enslaved on just now. I picked it up in 2006 I think as I remember having it on my Creative Zen back then and listening to it on my first archaeology jobs. I liked it but never really loved it and I don't think I've put it on once in the intervening years, despite having become a bit of a fan of their stuff since, particularly the early stuff. I'm surprised at how much of it I remember; it's all coming back to me. A nice little nostalgia buzz  8)
great album,the run of albums they did around that period was unbelievable!.Their gig in 2006 in Dublin still one of my all time favourite gigs!

I've never seen them live, actually. Maybe they'll make it down under at some point.

I haven't been drawn to their post- Isa stuff at all but the last two albums have caught my imagination so maybe it's time for me to investigate that period of their career.

Crypt Sermon - The Ruins Of Fading Light 9/10
Toxik - World Circus 9/10
Ascended Dead - Evenfall Of the Apocalypse 8.5/10
Slutvomit - Swarming Darkness 8/10
Void Ceremony -Threads Of Unknowing 7.5/10
Helloween - Live In The UK 7/10
Testament - Low 7/10
Enforcer - Diamonds 7/10
Waylander - Reawakening Pride Once Lost 7/10
Waylander - Eriu's Wheel 6.5/10
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Cresent Shield - The Stars of Never Seen
Wapentake - Agrarian Gothic
Tailgunner - Guns For Hire (pretty decent slab of Heavy Metal - nothing new but got the old head nodding and foot tapping. No horns or fist pumping or air guitar yet)
Night Demon - Outsider
Lord Mountain - The Oath
ScreamMaker - Land of Fire (straight forward Heavy Metal, really catchy)
Master - On the Seventh Day, God Created... Master

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 21, 2023, 08:47:32 AMYup, all of them. Can very happily listen to Warrel for hours on end.

Personally think his best vocal performance is on the song "We disintegrate", could listen to that on repeat.

Enslaved- Below the Lights. I got this LP for my birthday a coupe of years ago but haven't spent much time with it. I'll rectify that seeing as the current mood fits.

Immortal- At the heart of winter
Gorguts- The Erosion of Sanity
Fossilization- Once was God
Galvanizer- Prying Sight

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 22, 2023, 12:32:18 AMEnslaved- Below the Lights. I got this LP for my birthday a coupe of years ago but haven't spent much time with it. I'll rectify that seeing as the current mood fits.
Unreal album,

I might sound like a twat (OK, more like a twat), but I think they might be one of the few bands with a flawless discography. I'm not a big fan of 'raw' black metal but even their early/demo stuff sounds mighty, you can hear the ambition coming through the limitations of ability and budget.