Ministry: In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up (Live)

You know the way Thin Lizzy's Live And Dangerous is the least live album ever released?

Nope.

Having heard the source concert for this one, it puts that to shame in terms of overdubs. The released version (as mentioned above) is amazing, probably the best Ministry album but having heard the unedited version... fucking hell.

Quote from: Carnage on July 22, 2023, 02:43:44 AMMinistry: In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up (Live)

You know the way Thin Lizzy's Live And Dangerous is the least live album ever released?

Nope.

Having heard the source concert for this one, it puts that to shame in terms of overdubs. The released version (as mentioned above) is amazing, probably the best Ministry album but having heard the unedited version... fucking hell.

Pretty sure I've heard that original on YouTube but can't remember how shoddy it was. Released version is great though

Zom- Flesh Assimilation. It's been a long time since I've listened to Zom but the album is going down a treat this evening.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 22, 2023, 12:32:18 AMEnslaved- Below the Lights. I got this LP for my birthday a coupe of years ago but haven't spent much time with it. I'll rectify that seeing as the current mood fits.
My favourite Enslaved album, it just straddles both sides of the band perfectly for me.

Quote from: ochoill on July 22, 2023, 10:36:05 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 22, 2023, 12:32:18 AMEnslaved- Below the Lights. I got this LP for my birthday a coupe of years ago but haven't spent much time with it. I'll rectify that seeing as the current mood fits.
My favourite Enslaved album, it just straddles both sides of the band perfectly for me.

I actually found it a bit disjointed in places but maybe that becomes part of its charm with familiarity.

Below the lights is great. My favourite of the mid era but the other few put up a strong case of their own tbf and that's a very loose favourite.

Anyway now playing Faith No More Live at Brixton. Ah yeah no complaints here at all. No wait, there is: As The Worm Turns isn't on it and there's plenty of room left on the disc. It was on the video and was unreal. Got it in 2009 in the Olympia anyway I nearly came out of my skin.

Went with Angel Dust to follow.

There really is nothing like it.

Angel Dust and Aenima are two 90s albums that sort of transcend categorization. I'm far from being a Tool tool, but those albums are special.

#9938 July 22, 2023, 02:07:34 PM Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 02:19:48 PM by astfgyl
Just coming to the end of Angel Dust here and although I actually am a bit of a Tool tool I still think Angel Dust and King For A Day.. are far better than anything Tool managed in their time. Aenima is great all the same, as is Lateralus. Those Tool albums have a special place in my heart indeed but still they're no Faith No More

Edit: something else that falls into that category is Type O Negative. Bloody Kisses and October Rust are also both indefinable and spectacular.

Also though this'll be more controversial, Nine Inch Nails fall into the same boat with The Downward Spiral and The Fragile. Two more indefinable 90s style masterpieces.

Type O are above all of them for me.

NIN were Pretty Hate Machine and TDS for me,  PHM being the better of the two.

But. Now. Drunk! And on YouTube, fuck all that shit, Mourning Beloveth kill em all!

Vomitory - Blood Rapture
Grave - Endless Procession of Souls
Will Haven - VII (first spin and it's quality imo)
Sigh - Shiki

Suicidal Tendencies - Lights..Camera..Revolution 9/10

Ah Suicidal. Like someone's cocky kid brother who tagged along with your crew as you went about the business of creating a lifetime of memories in those mid to late teen years, they weren't Bay Area, nor Florida, nor Teutonic...but boy were they badass.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Mizmor - Prosaic
Suitably harrowing. Lovely stuff

Samael - Ceremony of opposites

Portrait - Crossroads
Portrait - s/t