Quote from: Thorn on June 05, 2023, 10:43:07 PMGoing to have to pony up for this new boxset, so much of my Dismember stuff is dubbed cds or tapes, they deserve better than that.

It sold out on Saturday.

There'll be a repress, it's Nuclear Blast.

I have an interesting one from back in the day, a version of Indecent And Obscene with the original Pieces EP tacked on the end. Digipak, fairly cheaply done I reckon. The sound isn't quite right to my ears, a bit fuzzy, the tape sounded better back then.

Individual LPs will be done but the box set itself was a one time thing just like the Meshuggah box they did a few years ago.

Buying the individual lps works even better for me as I'm not a big fan of box sets in general, they don't suit my shelving system and I don't like getting a heap of one band in one go, obviously though in this case I know all their albums inside out
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Miscreance - Converence
Obituary - Slowly We Rot
Immortal - War Against All
Dissection - The Somberlain
Carcass - Hearthwork
Nagaroth - Black Metal Ist Kreig
Piledriver - Metal Inquisition

Hades- ... Again Shall Be.
Bretwaldas of Heathen Doom- Summoning the Gatekeepers.

Utzalu - The Grobian Fall

Great release kind of like Bone Awl but with better production and longer songs.

#9547 June 06, 2023, 01:51:16 PM Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 01:55:03 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Been on a solid Godspeed You! Black Emperor buzz the last few days, going through the full discography plus a few notable live sets.

I've only seen them live once myself, at the Bataclan in Paris a year or so before the massacre during the Eagles of Death Metal concert. GY!BE is the only gig I ever saw there. Overall, makes for an impossible to describe emotional experience whenever I recall the show. So, fully befitting the music.

What sort of thing are they?

Shite. Go for Abaddon Incarnate.

Quote from: open face surgery on June 06, 2023, 07:15:13 PMShite. Go for Abaddon Incarnate.

:laugh:

GY!BE are like apocalyptic instrumental drone folk with beat poetry mixed in. Here, fill your boots to the sounds of studying for the Leaving Cert, anno domini 2000:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy4IsC5eb7o

Ah ya, I don't hate them.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 06, 2023, 09:10:25 PM
Quote from: open face surgery on June 06, 2023, 07:15:13 PMShite. Go for Abaddon Incarnate.

:laugh:

GY!BE are like apocalyptic instrumental drone folk with beat poetry mixed in. Here, fill your boots to the sounds of studying for the Leaving Cert, anno domini 2000:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy4IsC5eb7o

For some reason, listening to that album on a long, late night, winter bus journey around 2003/2004 sticks in the memory. Perfect soundtrack for it.

#9553 June 07, 2023, 02:56:16 AM Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 03:01:55 AM by Caomhaoin
Sigrblot - Blodsband

What an album.

Damaar - Triumph through Spears of Sacrilege

Fucking nuts. Probably the heaviest album I own, it's difficult to listen to it in one sitting.

Sigrblot were savage and that album in particular is a beast.

Damage never did it for me, though. I have that 12" and it always went in one ear and out the other. I might have to revisit it.