The singer/ guitar player from Altari is on the latest episode of into the necrosphere. He goes through the album and band history.

Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger. This should be the soundtrack for a dental visit. Its so uncomfortable yet rewarding on every level.

I just checked out DAI- The Advent on NWN's bandcamp page and it sounds fucking super. I thought it was going to be a lot more rough, thrashy and unpolished but in fact it really reminded me of Mortuary Drape. Simple catchy stuff that exudes a dark atmosphere. Going to have to add it to the shopping list.

Cynic - Traced in Air Remixed

Definitely sounds a bit better than the original,  more punch to the bass and can make out some nuances more clearly, but all the harsh vocals have been removed. Just seems like Masvidal wanted it redone to fit their current style more and not any great need to do it, because it's pretty perfect as it was

Bit unnecessary overall, reckon I'll be sticking with the original

Didn't know they'd done a de-metalized mix of it, though I guess there would be demand for it. Not exactly the same, but there are loads of metal albums I would like to have instrumental versions of, for example.

There's an instrumental version of Ascension Codes out, nice to have on in the background but not sure if it's something I'd sit down to listen to. He's probably put out more remixes, and remasters, and alternate versions, than actual studio albums at this point

I downloaded instrumental versions of a lot of NIN albums and as great as I thought they'd be, they didn't hold my interest at all.

Anyway, now playing: Akercocke - Words That go Unspoken...

Didn't know what to put on next after the Dodheimsgard album and then this sprang to mind. It's just fucking brilliant and to my mind it's every bit as inventive as the Dodheimsgard one. To think it's the guts of 20 years old is mad.

It has aged brilliantly anyway

Quote from: astfgyl on April 21, 2023, 01:38:17 PMI downloaded instrumental versions of a lot of NIN albums and as great as I thought they'd be, they didn't hold my interest at all.

Similar. I'd always thought an instrumental version of The Fragile in particular would be fantastic but when it actually came it was a but dull.

Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse
Nile - Vile Nilotic Rites
DHG - Black Medium Current
Lord Vicar - Fear No Pain
Macabre - Dahmer
Midnight - Let There Be Witchery
Majesties - Vast Reaches Unclaimed

Listening to a bit of Obsequiae, liking this, any fans here?

Quote from: Carnage on April 21, 2023, 02:38:19 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on April 21, 2023, 01:38:17 PMI downloaded instrumental versions of a lot of NIN albums and as great as I thought they'd be, they didn't hold my interest at all.

Similar. I'd always thought an instrumental version of The Fragile in particular would be fantastic but when it actually came it was a but dull.

Yep, same goes for TDS and tbf I expected With Teeth instrumentals to be boring and I was right.

I did however use those instrumental versions to make my own spectacular extravaganza version of The Fragile using cool edit which is 3 and a half hours long and is basically my go to version of the thing since. I'd usually draw it out when I'm taking the mushies but it's still good without the extra pep in my step.

Could send a link if the idea of The Fragile stretched out to that, containing elements of everything released from that era interested you or anyone else.

Yeah, I know it'll be just me

Bathory - Under The Sign Of The Black Mark 10/10
Enslaved - Frost 10/10
Omen - The Curse -9/10
Omen - Nightmares EP 8.5/10
Deathhammer - Evil Power 8/10
Trouble - Manic Frustration 8/10
Isole - Anesidora 7.5/10
Cirith Ungol - Half Past Human EP 7/10
Nile - Annihilation of The Wicked 7/10
Mork - Dyphet 6/10

Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: astfgyl on April 21, 2023, 07:31:49 PMI did however use those instrumental versions to make my own spectacular extravaganza version of The Fragile using cool edit which is 3 and a half hours long and is basically my go to version of the thing since. I'd usually draw it out when I'm taking the mushies but it's still good without the extra pep in my step.

Could send a link if the idea of The Fragile stretched out to that, containing elements of everything released from that era interested you or anyone else.

Yeah, I know it'll be just me

Arra sure yeah, I'll give it a go, cheers. Feck knows when I'll have a chance to listen to it.

I didn't know he'd done an instrumantal Downward Spiral, I can't see it being an improvement.

Swallowed - Lunarterial
Dodheimsgard - Black Medium Current
Dennis Wilson - Pacific Blue Ocean

#9238 April 21, 2023, 10:08:21 PM Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 10:46:24 PM by Eoin McLove
Limbonic Art- Epitome of Illusion.

Venus Star- The Dark Victor. I haven't listened to these lads in years. Savage stuff. Very RfR-ish.

Venus Star- Setyphorus.

Morbid Angel - Blessed are the sick