#8190 October 07, 2022, 11:39:00 PM Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 12:11:26 AM by Eoin McLove
Gjendød- "Skygger fra Dødsriket".
Forbidden Temple- "Step Into the Black Pentagram".

#8191 October 08, 2022, 02:28:47 AM Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 03:41:44 AM by Carnage
Autopsy: Mental Funeral
Exodus: Fabulous Disaster
Grief Symposium: Monolithic Dark Metal
Anthrax: XL

La Janara - Tenebra, Italian epic doom very enjoyable

Judas Priest-Angel of Retribution
Metallica-Master of Puppets
Iron Maiden-Somewhere in Time
Type O Negative-October Rust

Gilla Band - "Most Normal"
KEN Mode - "Null"
Mindforce - "New Lords"

All great, Gilla Band absolutely ridiculous no wave / noise rock horror and easily an AOTY after only two full spins.  KEN Mode is as expected but gets better every listen.  Mindforce is 20 minutes of hardcore breakdowns one after another with vocals that sound like Conan, hilariously grand.

But I'm off to listen to the Sumac album again now

Embrace of Thorns - Entropy Dynamics

Decoryah- "Wisdom Floats".

Black Cilice - Esoteric Atavism

Cultes des Ghoules - Coven
An album I actually discovered via the great Metal Ireland reviews back in the good old days. Much discussed at the time but coming back to it, I can't help but feel it's a phenomenal achievement. In Henbane CDG had one of the singular black metal albums of recent years, unique and superb, and to follow that with something as ambitious as Coven and, in my opinion, pull it off, is just incredible.
There's a longer post or a thread in there somewhere but not on a school night.

I had it on a couple of weeks ago myself. Superb album.

#8200 October 10, 2022, 03:15:33 AM Last Edit: October 10, 2022, 05:07:03 AM by Carnage
Gaerea: Mirage
Wiegedood: There's Always Blood At The End Of The Road
Type O Negative: October Rust

In Flames - The Jester Race.
Alcest - Spiritual Instinct.
Type O Negative -Bloody Kisses.
Dissection -Reinkaos.
In the Woods -Cease the day.

Tiamat- "Sumerian Cry". Really digging this and looking forward to the CD arriving. But what the hell is with that rock n roll section with the piano solo! What a fucking terrible idea  :laugh:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 11, 2022, 12:09:50 PMTiamat- "Sumerian Cry". Really digging this and looking forward to the CD arriving. But what the hell is with that rock n roll section with the piano solo! What a fucking terrible idea  :laugh:
Hehe yeah it's a real curveball alright, grew to love it over the years though
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Lovin' the new Queensryche, La Torre really is a remarkable singer and the cover of Rebel Yell at the end was a thrilling surprise ( magic when you don't know things in advance, haven't experienced that in a long time).
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes