Oh yeah. The news about him joining sorta went in one ear and straight out the other.

Checked out the new Portrait today. No great shakes on first listen, but I'll give it another go. I never reach for Burn The World either, and this, for now, seems like more of the same. Crossroads and previous ones are on another level.

Quote from: Trev on October 18, 2021, 09:40:16 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on October 18, 2021, 04:43:30 PM
Yup, Dead Heart is savage. May just throw it on now.
I skip between Dead Heart and Enemies of Reality as my favourite but the whole discography is brilliant
yeah,same,generally those two albums i go back to the most.

Demons & Wizards - III

Definitely their weakest album, bit of a limp one to go out on because I'm assuming the band is finished now. Still though, for a guy in his mid 50s Hansi's vocals are incredible, don't seem to have lost a bit of power or range

Been listen to Unto Others throughout the day. They used to be called Idle Hands who, for some mysterious reason, I assumed were a hipster indie band for kids. Turns out they play bloody catchy gothic rock/ metal. The song and video 'When Will God's Work be Done' is a cracker, even if they shamelessly 'borrow' an idea or two from Beastmilk. I have listened to most of their new album, 'Strength', and I think I'll have to pick it up. Sounds like perfect driving music to me.

Satanic Warmaster - Black Metal Kommando
Satyricon                 - Dark Medieval Times
                                     Nemesis Divina

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 19, 2021, 12:46:37 PM
Been listen to Unto Others throughout the day. They used to be called Idle Hands who, for some mysterious reason, I assumed were a hipster indie band for kids. Turns out they play bloody catchy gothic rock/ metal. The song and video 'When Will God's Work be Done' is a cracker, even if they shamelessly 'borrow' an idea or two from Beastmilk. I have listened to most of their new album, 'Strength', and I think I'll have to pick it up. Sounds like perfect driving music to me.

The last album Mana is great. I got hooked when it came out and have gone back to it a few times.

Haven't checked out the newest one.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 19, 2021, 12:46:37 PM

When he goes  urgh or a kind of aggressive ooh it cracks me up. The new album has more of a metallic side to it.

Esoteric - Epistemological Despondency

The soundtrack to a mind slowly melting.

I think run though of the rest of the discography is in order for the remainder of the week...

I did a few Esoteric in a row a while back ,...you'll not be doing much partying this week that's for sure.

Sentenced-Shadows of the Past, North From Here, Amok and Down. Remainder of discography up tomorrow. Still miss them sixteen years later. Biggest regret is never seeing them live.

Sarkrista - The Acheronian Worship
                    Summoners of the Serpents Wrath

Quote from: vinterland on October 20, 2021, 09:05:07 PM
Sentenced-Shadows of the Past, North From Here, Amok and Down. Remainder of discography up tomorrow. Still miss them sixteen years later. Biggest regret is never seeing them live.
Yeah same,North from here one of my all time favourite albums.

Life's Rich Pageant - REM

Worm "Foreverglade". Perfect for the onset of winter. Between this and the new Mortiferum that's the "metal" component of my end of year listening sorted.
Lots of Mt. Eerie also.

Sargeist - Satanic Black Devotion
                  Disciple of the Heinous Path
                  Let the Devil In