Good shout haven't listened to Danzig in a while.

Alright, for whatever reason I just listened to the new song by The Darkness and have to say...it's actually pretty heavy, totally over the top with the vocal production and the lyrics are shite but some of the riffing has some almost Voivod-like dissonance which was pretty surprising. Permission to Land is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine but haven't heard any of their recent stuff, might have to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4ThI3Wm57Q

True enough, it does sound musically similar to later Voivod in places. Lyrically though, it's been done much, much, much better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H1NClLSCoo

Deicide -Serpents of the light

Greg Puciato child soldier: creator of God

Paradise Lost- Lost Paradise. I think my in- laws are starting to come around to my musical taste  :-X

#5872 August 14, 2021, 03:33:48 AM Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 03:59:18 AM by Carnage
Death: Leprosy & Human
Dismember: Pieces
Exodus: Let There Be Blood

Two days of it sure:

Chavez - "Ride The Fader"
Devin Townsend - "Terria"
Qrixkuor - "Poison Palinopsia"
Isis - "Panopticon"
Cardiacs - "Sing To God"

Had to listen to the Qrixkuor twice, first time I was drunk and could barely remember a note of it, but knew it was enjoyable.  A second spin this morning sealed it, it's great.  Relentless stuff, not half as chaotic as I was anticipating which works in its favour.  I can tell it's going to improve on every listen already, there's heaps to get into in it.

The Chavez album was a surprise of the week, had never heard it before, gave it two solid spins again.  It's great, there's something slightly off kilter avout how it is all done that makes it enjoyable, where it should be fairly standard 90s alt rock on first impression, it opens out with a variety of ideas and interesting writing as it goes on.

Isis, DT, and Cardiacs I know like the back of my hand anyway and love.

Caedes Cruenta -Of Ritual Necrophagia & Mysterious Ghoul Cults
Nokturnal Mortum - Lunar Poetry
Walpurgia - Altar of the Goatbaphomet

Deathspell Omega - Manifestations 2002. Ripper of an album that only gets occasional listens due to the more basic nature of it in comparison to what came after.

Minor threat- out of step
Poison idea- pick your king

Ancient Rites - Fatherland

Candlemass: Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

Had never given this much time before, huge mistake, really good stuff

Bathory: Jubileum 1

As last comment

Testament- Formation Of Damnation
Black Anvil - As Was
Bathory- Bathory
Bathory- Blood Fire Death