I've always enjoyed Invaders but I could understand why someone wouldn't, the chorus riff seems like a bit of a pisstake, the band don't like the song either and it's never been played live apparently.

Invaders is fantastic (as is Gangland, the other 'poor' song on the album). It's a rewrite of one of their earliest songs (Invasion, on The Soundhouse Tapes) which might explain some of the wonkiness, but it's still a cracker. Not a dud on that album.

Quote from: Thorn on August 09, 2021, 02:10:00 PM
Quote from: Blackout on August 08, 2021, 03:14:10 PM
Satyricon - Rebel Extravaganza

I always get shit for this being my favourite Satyricon album but it really is.

It would be right up there for me anyway, Volcano is another favourite.  The real reason I'm answering here though is to mention that I just picked up the self titled album. I was so put off by all the terrible reviews at the time it came out that I basically pulled a St Anger and decided if that many peers, mates and reviewers I respect dislike it then I just ain't gonna waste my money. Well, I've got it now and it is ,indeed, the worst thing they've ever put out. I
The curse of the completist I suppose.

:laugh: wasn't expecting that swerve at the end there.

Another thumbs up for Invaders here  , give me it over "...Hills" or the title track any day at this stage.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Waerteras  - Under the Guide of Capricornus

Obituary- Cause of Death

Terrorizer- World Downfall

Brujeria- Matando Gueros

At The Gates - The Red In The Sky Is Ours
Vircolac - The Cursed Travails of the Demeter

Personal favourite from each of these bands. Vircolac really hit on something unique with this line-up, but I guess the reasons for its uniqueness are part of why it didn't last. The later stuff is good too, no doubt, but not as one of a kind as Demeter.

Destroyer 666 -Phoenix Rising,And Cold Steel...

Two flawless albums!,the best from the early 2000s!

Just watching the Anthrax 40th Anniversary live stream now, no major complaints so far. Could have done without Got The Time but sure it's a staple now, I suppose. The Monster sponsorship is a bit shite but unsurprising.

Half hour into it, good so far anyway.

Akercocke - Antichrist

Morgoth - cursed  on the way to work
Suicidal tendencies - controlled by hatred on way home.

Make of that what you will 😅

Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales.
Think I'll stick on a bit of Soulfly next, haven't listened to them in ages.

Quote from: Shitstirrer on August 10, 2021, 09:18:34 PM
Morgoth - cursed  on the way to work
Suicidal tendencies - controlled by hatred on way home.

Make of that what you will 😅

Yup, I feel the same. About my work, I mean   :)

Judas Priest - Firepower
Pestilence - exitivm
Mgła - Age Of Excuse
Carcass - Despicable

New to the collection and getting a few spins. The latest priest is very good considering how far in to their career they are.

Cannibal Corpse - Gallery of Suicide