Therion-Vovin and Deggial. Having only recently become acquainted with Summoning it's now time to examine the extensive back catalogue of Therion, a band I heard quite an amount about but checked out until very recently. Couldn't make head or tail of them at first but am now starting to realise what I've been missing out on. Vovin is absolutely spectacular and an investment in a physical copy is next on the agenda.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 26, 2021, 05:06:44 PM
Candlemass - Nightfall

Decided I might have to hide this, cos otherwise I listen to it over and over to the neglect of other records.

Have Chtheilist - Le Dernier Crépuscule on now, having been put in the mood for instrumentally virtuoso cavernous DM by that Aenigmatum track. Artificial Brain and Cryptic Shift likely to go on next.

2 great albums there! I love that Chtheilist album and I find a spot of Tomb Mold - Planetary Clairvoyance for dessert goes down a treat after it.

Opeth -Still Life

DEATH - The Sound of Perseverance

Gojira- From Mars to Sirius

Enslaved - Ruun     

Quote from: Born of Fire on June 27, 2021, 12:41:56 AM

2 great albums there! I love that Chtheilist album and I find a spot of Tomb Mold - Planetary Clairvoyance for dessert goes down a treat after it.

Oh, thanks for the recommendation man - I've not checked out Tomb Mold at all.

After those mentioned above, finished up last night's listening with
Funereal Presence - Achatius
Execration - Morbid Dimensions

Achatius is a fucking ripper.

It is, though also a fairly strange affair overall. There's parts of it that capture a kind of first-band-jamming-in-a-garage kind of musicality, with guitar sections that - while not technically astounding - sound exuberantly ambitious in how they're performed on the record. "Let's have a bit where I go diddle-dee-diddle-dee-diddle-dee-diddle-dee-diddle-dee on the guitar!" Y'know, that kind of vibe. Or at least that's what I was getting in places last night. Definitely sounds like the same band, but a hugely different album to The Bok Takes Aim.

Yeah very different in terms of production and execution. It takes a few listens to get into because it's sort of jarring on the ear. Lots of sections that sound crudely jammed together- acoustic parts with raw as fuck electric guitar on top and clattering drums. Once the ear adjusts to the roughness it sounds perfect. It's actually epic despite being rough as a bears dirty hole.

Funereal Presence - Achatius

Just on a first listen and it's quality, also giving alot of attention to the new Darkthrone which actually sits quite nicely alongside Achatius.

Soothsayer - Echoes of the Earth

Svartidauði – Flesh Cathedral

DARKTHRONE - HIS MASTERS VOICE
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat

Funebrarum - the sleep of morbid dreams.

On repeat today. Had never bothered listening to the whole album before. Excellent stuff

Scald- Will of the Gods is Great Power.
Solstice- New Dark Age.

King Diamond - Conspiracy
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus
Megaton Sword - Blood Hails Steel, Steel Hails Fire

Also checked out Tomb Mold last night, will definitely be revisiting!

Gorgoroth- pentagram