Morbid Angel - Altars, Blessed and Covenant getting numerous plays each. Fucking hell Vincent was some animal vocalist in his prime. Immensely powerful yet remarkably clear and intelligible, particularly on Blessed. Domination never really grabbed my attention musically and Vincents voice had already deteriorated by then so I never bothered much with it or anything after.

Black Sabbath- Dehumanizer.I bought this not long after it came out,i was just after discovering death metal and bought this off the back of the cover art.Anyway got home and put it on,was gutted to discover it wasnt what i was looking for!.

Anyway fast forwatd to now and ive been really getting into this album,my knowledge of BS and Dio etc is extremely limited,what other albums are like this one?

Krisiun - The Great Execution

This weekend:
Cannibal Corpse - The Bleeding
                                  Butchered at Birth
Carcass -               Reek of Putrefaction
                               Symphonies of Sickness
                               Necroticism - Descanting the Insalubrious
                               Heartwork
                               Swansong

Quote from: Paul keohane on June 25, 2021, 02:35:31 PM
Black Sabbath- Dehumanizer.I bought this not long after it came out,i was just after discovering death metal and bought this off the back of the cover art.Anyway got home and put it on,was gutted to discover it wasnt what i was looking for!.

Anyway fast forwatd to now and ive been really getting into this album,my knowledge of BS and Dio etc is extremely limited,what other albums are like this one?

Closest are probably Headless Cross or the Heaven&Hell album Dio did just before he passed.

Quote from: CorkonianHunger on June 25, 2021, 08:04:38 PM
Quote from: Paul keohane on June 25, 2021, 02:35:31 PM

Closest are probably Headless Cross or the Heaven&Hell album Dio did just before he passed.
Cheers,will check them out,i skipped passed a lot of original metal bands as young fella and into my teens,just focused on death metal etc..

Go for the first 6 actual Sabbath albums and leave it at that. You'll be much better off.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 25, 2021, 08:03:34 AM
Quote from: ochoill on June 24, 2021, 10:38:37 AM
Godflesh

Scrolling backwards here, I thought this was just a normal post.

"What you listening to at the moment?"
"Godflesh. All of it. At the same time."
:laugh: :abbath:
:laugh: like that yoke that is every motorhead song at once, but Godflesh.  (for context: https://m.soundcloud.com/user-895849516/everything-much-louder-than-everything-else#t=3:08)

Haha, yeah. The Motorhead one would make a pretty good Godflesh tune, but!

Quote from: Carnage on June 26, 2021, 01:03:48 AM
Go for the first 6 actual Sabbath albums and leave it at that. You'll be much better off.

Nonsense.

Dehumanizer is a great album. I got into it way back when, via the Wayne's World soundtrack, on which Time Machine features.

Cannibal Corpse  - The Bleeding

Candlemass - Nightfall

Decided I might have to hide this, cos otherwise I listen to it over and over to the neglect of other records.

Have Chtheilist - Le Dernier Crépuscule on now, having been put in the mood for instrumentally virtuoso cavernous DM by that Aenigmatum track. Artificial Brain and Cryptic Shift likely to go on next.

Celestial Season - Forever Scarlet Passion
The Gathering - Always

Panopticon - And Again Into the Light...