Vinterland- Welcome My Last Chapter

What a great album!

Quote from: Cailleach on December 05, 2020, 03:20:47 PM

What a great album!

One of the greatest albums even released in any metal genre. Never tire of listening.

Quote from: vinterland on December 05, 2020, 06:35:03 PM

What a great album!

One of the greatest albums even released in any metal genre. Never tire of listening.

I have it on repeat all evening.
I wonder would they have been able to keep this standard on a second or third album.

Quote from: Cailleach on December 05, 2020, 09:13:12 PM
Quote from: vinterland on December 05, 2020, 06:35:03 PM

What a great album!

I have it on repeat all evening.
I wonder would they have been able to keep this standard on a second or third album.

Would've been very interesting to have heard a second or third album in this vein but not sure they could ever top WMLC. Naglfar and Sacramentum also released their debut albums around the same time which would've been cut from a similar cloth to Vinterland but subsequent releases saw a marked depature from this style (more's the pity). Then again if you can't beat perfection try something different!

Binging BÖC at the moment:
S/T
Tyranny & Mutation
Secret Treaties
Agents of Fortune
Spectres
Fire of Unknown Origin
Imaginos

Indian - From All Purity
Nightbringer - Terra Damnata
Nominon - The Cleansing
Lychgate - The Contagion in Nine Steps

Taake - Bjoergvin. Perfect for today's solo walk. Boing!
Satyricon- Now Diabolical.

Listening to the Limbonic Art demo collection Kyrck reissued. Never checked these recordings out before but they are bloody great sounding to me. Going to nab that CD comp next payday.

Running Wild-Victory. Not in the same league as any of their 1987-98 heyday releases but there are a few belters spread throughout. The Rivalry up next.

Vintersorg - Cosmic Genesis

I listened to Trelldom - Til Et Annet for the first time ever this morning. It's a fairly wild ride. When it goes completely manic it's brilliant.
I wonder is Gaahl always on? By that I mean would he ever tell a knock knock joke.

Knock knock.

Who's there?

........................................ Satan.

I would laugh as I'd imagine he would say it with such sincerity and seriousness that it would work.

Vintersorg - Visions from the Spiral Generator