Toadeater - Bit to Ewigen Daogen

Must give the new Venus Star a listen.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on November 14, 2020, 12:55:41 PM
Gave the Venus Star and Stormkeep lps a quick listen last night and was pleasantly surprised with both. Listening to the Omegavortex lp now, I can see why it's on Invictus. Reeks of MA/Necrovore. Enjoyed the demo,not sure its interesting enough to sustain a whole album.

The Stormkeep album is very good. I'm not a fan of  Rauta's past Venus Star albums.

Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus and Nightfall

Another band that slipped me by for too long, reckon I'll be making it up over the next few weeks

Quote from: Cailleach on November 14, 2020, 01:09:23 PM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on November 14, 2020, 12:55:41 PM
Gave the Venus Star and Stormkeep lps a quick listen last night and was pleasantly surprised with both. Listening to the Omegavortex lp now, I can see why it's on Invictus. Reeks of MA/Necrovore. Enjoyed the demo,not sure its interesting enough to sustain a whole album.

The Stormkeep album is very good. I'm not a fan of  Rauta's past Venus Star albums.

Not hugely familiar with all of it. I liked bits of the last one but this is hitting the spot, dismal and catchy

Den Saakaldte - All Hail Pessimism
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

So far this eve...
The Mars Volta - De-loused in the Comatorium
The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute

Yeah, not strictly metal but prog rock is close enough. Having not listened to both in years, I was pleasantly surprised that they're both fuckin excellent listening even without being off me chops.

Next up Funeral Mourning - Drown in Solitude

Quote from: Scáthach on November 14, 2020, 08:58:01 PM
So far this eve...
The Mars Volta - De-loused in the Comatorium
The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute

Yeah, not strictly metal but prog rock is close enough. Having not listened to both in years, I was pleasantly surprised that they're both fuckin excellent listening even without being off me chops.

Always loved Frances the Mute but, like that, haven't listened to it in years. Must stick them on tomorrow for a revisit.

#3505 November 14, 2020, 10:47:45 PM Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 11:01:57 PM by leatherface
Devastation: Signs Of Life (1989)

Overlooked thrash (or death thrash) album.

#3506 November 14, 2020, 11:37:11 PM Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 12:19:20 AM by vinterland
Quote from: leatherface on November 14, 2020, 10:47:45 PM

Excellent album. Only got the Combat original last month. Not a million miles removed from Incubus' "Beyond the Unknown." On a bit of an old school Swedish death metal buzz so it was a case of Into the Grave, Clandestine followed by the excellent Dark Recollections, the pick of the bunch.

Quote from: vinterland on November 14, 2020, 11:37:11 PM

Only got the Combat original last month..

Nice!

A Devin Townsend compilation I made years ago for a mate. It's been a while since he's released anything I'd rate but in his prime/pomp, he was untouchable. The Ocean Machine & Infinity stuff in particular is spectacular.

Picked it up in a second hand shop on cassett around 1994 in Cork,never heard of them before,a lucky day for a young me!