Quote from: vinterland on September 10, 2020, 05:44:49 PM
Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on September 10, 2020, 01:34:59 PM
Quote from: vinterland on September 10, 2020, 01:20:27 PM
Prophanity-Stronger then Steel. For €5 in Rainbow Records Waterford it would've been rude to say no. Few listens in and safe to say I secured a bargain. Melodic Swedish death metal done well. Not reinventing the wheel but ticks a lot of boxes if that's your style.
That's a great little shop. Is the father or daughter running it now?

To the best of my knowledge Tom is still the owner. Daughter liable to lend a hand if he's out of the country at record fairs in the UK which isn't as doable in the current climate. Since it's been founded over a quarter of a century ago an unnatural amount of similar shops selling new and second hand CDs, cassettes and vinyl have pulled down the shutters in Waterford. The location has changed a few times but it's still one of the best shops of its kind in the country. Remember picking up Skyclad's debut for a friend there in 1997 when it was next to impossible to find anywhere. Located many treasures there over the years. Too many to list here.
Aha, Tom is right. I picked up many's a gem there over the years. My ex wife is from the city. Used to love going to town on a Saturday and she and her sister would hit the shops and I'd tip into Rainbow and meet them in Geoff's afterwards for a few.
I'll definitely drop in the next time I'm down in Waterford.

Love that shop. Been using it since I was thirteen. Picked up some right gems in there over the years.

Just one example. In what second hand shop could you walk in, pick up Dodheimsgard's demo and get change out of a fiver?
Quote from: hellfire on September 10, 2020, 07:07:02 PM
Love that shop. Been using it since I was thirteen. Picked up some right gems in there over the years.

Whitesnake - 1987. When rock ruled the pop charts.

Stone cold classic right there my man
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Akercocke - Goat of Mendes

Iced Earth - Overture Of The Wicked, Glorious Burden, Gettysburg.
Immortal - Damned In Black

Goatwhore - carving out the eyes of God

Quote from: vinterland on September 10, 2020, 08:07:02 PM
Just one example. In what second hand shop could you walk in, pick up Dodheimsgard's demo and get change out of a fiver?
Quote from: hellfire on September 10, 2020, 07:07:02 PM

Original press of His Lyset Tar OS's for two Irish pounds

M.S.W.  - Obliviosus

New Skeletal Remains. Good stuff!

DCD - Anastasis
DCD - The Serpent's Egg

Pagan Altar - Lords of Hypocrisy
Below - Across the Dark River
Hour of 13 - The Ritualist/333

Quote from: TurnTheAirBlue on September 11, 2020, 01:45:57 PM
New Skeletal Remains. Good stuff!
Yeah been spinning the new one too,soild out,great artwork again.

Possessed - Revelations of Oblivion

A class album. I'd  love to hear these songs live.