Sombre  Heritage  - Alpha Ursae Minoris

Tribulation - The Horror/The Formulas of Death
Enslaved - Heimdal
Mastodon - Leviathan

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 14, 2024, 02:01:48 PMSlint- Spiderland. I listened to this before and it went over my head. Stuck it on again this evening and really enjoyed it.
Great album, been a while since I had it on here, must stick it in rotation.

Quote from: Cannibalistic Disfigurement on August 14, 2024, 11:53:21 AM
Quote from: leatherface on August 13, 2024, 07:28:09 PMDeftones: Around The Fur (og CD)

Since it is summer I listened to 'My Own Summer(Shove it)', stayed for 'Be Quiet and Drive'. Sometimes pretentious band but IMO their best album along with 'White Pony'.

I think Koi No Yokan is their best album. There are some belters on it, and it's more consistent than the majority of their output. 

Generally White Pony for me but KNY is great too yup.  Diamond Eyes and the s/t regularly on here too.

Motörhead- the live bonus disc from the Another Perfect Day reissue. 1981 or 82? Rough as a bear's arsehole but savage.

Went back to Slint after watching some documentary that was recommended on here last year. Enjoyed it a lot more and have had it on Spotify ready for a return for ages but haven't done it yet.

#14016 August 15, 2024, 12:03:23 AM Last Edit: August 15, 2024, 12:05:16 AM by The Wretch
Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 14, 2024, 10:01:59 PMMotörhead- the live bonus disc from the Another Perfect Day reissue. 1981 or 82? Rough as a bear's arsehole but savage.

It's from June 1983. Eddie was still there in 82.

N.P. - SCORPIONS - Animal Magnetism

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 15, 2024, 12:03:53 AMTis a ripper.

Yeah, it's a shame there wasn't more live stuff from the Robertson era, especially video footage. Maybe Lemmy was too embarrassed by Brian's shorts, net shirts and ballet pumps to let them record. 

Dimmu Borgir - Enthrone Darkness Triumphant

Never bothered with the Borgir after Stormblast, but I'm really enjoying this album. It's like a dumbed down version of Emperor.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 14, 2024, 10:01:59 PMMotörhead- the live bonus disc from the Another Perfect Day reissue. 1981 or 82? Rough as a bear's arsehole but savage.

I bought the reissue months ago, but never bothered with the bonus disc. Must give it a listen.

Everything Louder than Everyone Else from 1998 is a savage album if you're after a live Motorhead fix. 

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 14, 2024, 02:01:48 PMSlint- Spiderland. I listened to this before and it went over my head. Stuck it on again this evening and really enjoyed it.

Great album
They just came up with their own thing
The rhythms; general eeriness; heavy/soft moments - it has a lot going for it

Steve Albini was a big fan of it when it came out
Apparently it only sold like 5,000 copies then

Dark Tranquillity - Endtime Signals

Well,.how is the new DT?
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes