Dream Theatre- Metropolis 2. Let's see what all the fuss is about with this band.

Suffocation - Human Waste
Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
Suffocation - Pierced from Within

Suffocation had such a great run of releases from 1990 to 1998. PFW is arguably their peak.

Quote from: Count Magnus on June 18, 2024, 09:36:07 AMSuffocation - Human Waste

Suffocation had such a great run of releases from 1990 to 1998. PFW is arguably their peak.

The new album is really good and they brought back some of those breakdown sections like they had on Effigy. The only complaint I would have is the production sounds a bit sterile / digital.

Disgorge - She lay gutted
Disgorge - Consume the Forsaken
Totale Vernichtung - Feuerbestattung
Totale Vernichtung - Ritualmordlegenden

Integrity/Krieg Split. 

Rotting Christ - Pro Xristou (heard a song, liked it, bought it, needs more listens) .

Below - Across the Dark River

Iron Maiden - Powerslave

Dautha - Den Forste

...And Oceans - As in Gardens, so in Tombs

Exhorder - Slaughter In The Vatican

#13295 June 18, 2024, 09:27:45 PM Last Edit: June 19, 2024, 12:46:03 AM by Cailleach
Nachtlieder- The Female of the Species
                        Lynx

Helloween: Walls Of Jericho (LP, 1985)

'Heavy Metal Is The Law' :abbath:

Quote from: leatherface on June 18, 2024, 10:25:11 PMHelloween: Walls Of Jericho (LP, 1985)

'Heavy Metal Is The Law' :abbath:

Prime kraut metal. This and the S/T E.P. are still their best for me. Coincidentally, I have also been enjoying some classic early works by another German metal institution.   

N.P. -

RUNNING WILD - Gates To Purgatory (1984)
RUNNING WILD - Branded And Exiled (1985)

Might give the first few Grave Digger albums a spin too.

Nahtrunar- Mysterium Tremendum

TED NUGENT - Free For All (1976)

Nuge at his best. And his most metal too in a lot of ways, especially on songs like Hammerdown, Street Rats and Writing On The Wall. All of which feature Meat Loaf. It's a shame he didn't do more with Nugent, or more full on hard rock/metal, he certainly had the voice for it.

Lovin' The Walls Of Jericho love lads, one of my favourite albums ever.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Black Sabbath- Tyr.
Sepultura- Beneath the Remains.

Quote from: mickO))) on June 18, 2024, 11:14:48 AM
Quote from: Count Magnus on June 18, 2024, 09:36:07 AMSuffocation - Human Waste

The new album is really good and they brought back some of those breakdown sections like they had on Effigy. The only complaint I would have is the production sounds a bit sterile / digital.

I'll give it a whirl. I've ignored their more recent output after seeing one of the videos from Pinnacle which looked like a Madball video! They seemed to be trying to emulate the knucklehead slam bros.

Rage - Reflections Of A Shadow
Mamas Boys - Plug it In

Had a stinkin headache for most of yesterday so just had some Vivaldi on.  Headache free so far today but stupid cunts are annoying me in work so a good chance I will be back to the classical music later! 

Nigel Kennedy - 4 Seasons.
Freeways - Dark Sky Sanctuary
Flamekeeper - We Who Light athe Fire
Rotting Christ - Pro Xristou