#13275 June 17, 2024, 03:06:03 AM Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 03:08:27 AM by Carnage
Even the acoustic stuff I was dubious about, it sounds great. Trouble (1990) and Manic Frustration impressed me the most, so good in terms of the remastering. Probably had better access to the original tapes.

The Manic Frustration remaster is essential, cuts that shrill high-end on the original right out, gives it some meat. It's exactly what a good remaster should be. The s/t one is merely nice to have. The original album was fucking perfect and, therefore, impossible to improve upon  :abbath:

Just had these two on repeat over the weekend

Riot - ThunderSteel
Lake of Tears - Headstones

Killing Joke- self titled. It sounds so good through the stereo.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 17, 2024, 09:41:24 AMKilling Joke- self titled. It sounds so good through the stereo.

Fantastic album, one of my all time favourites.

The Jesus Lizard - Head/Goat
Replicant - Infinite Mortality
Apes - Penitence

Quote from: OpenSores on June 17, 2024, 12:38:15 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 17, 2024, 09:41:24 AMKilling Joke- self titled. It sounds so good through the stereo.

Yeah it's deadly. One I've listened to a lot over the years on YouTube so nice to finally have a copy. And I think it's an original. I can't believe how perfect the sound is if it's actually a pressing from 1980. It's crystal clear.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 17, 2024, 01:04:55 PM
Quote from: OpenSores on June 17, 2024, 12:38:15 PM

Yeah it's deadly. One I've listened to a lot over the years on YouTube so nice to finally have a copy. And I think it's an original. I can't believe how perfect the sound is if it's actually a pressing from 1980. It's crystal clear.

Still have my original pressing and still sounds as good. Must take it out for a spin!

Brutal Truth - Need to Control

Voivod - Killing Technology, Dimension Hatröss & Angel Rat
Melvins - Tarantula Heart
Tad - 8-Way Santa

Quote from: Bürggermeister on June 17, 2024, 02:07:59 PMVoivod - Killing Technology, Dimension Hatröss & Angel Rat
Melvins - Tarantula Heart
Tad - 8-Way Santa

Tad are great, probably the most underrated band from the Seattle scene. 8-Way Santa is a savage album.

There's a good documentary on them from 2008:

Muvitium - Evighetens Cirkel
                    Under Vemodets Tocken

Checked out the Replicant album after all the chat on here and it's a monster alright. Pure Demilich, Gorguts and the guitar tone weirdly reminds me of mid period Seps. Great stuff.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Myrddraal   -  Blood on the Mountain

Quote from: Bürggermeister on June 17, 2024, 08:11:02 AMThe Manic Frustration remaster is essential, cuts that shrill high-end on the original right out, gives it some meat. It's exactly what a good remaster should be. The s/t one is merely nice to have. The original album was fucking perfect and, therefore, impossible to improve upon  :abbath:

Facts.

Speaking of which -

TROUBLE - Manic Frustration (1992)