Yep, or live versions. At least with a CD it's easy to just stop it after the final album song. When I used to have a Creative Zen and listen to it in work I remember some Judas Priest CDs I had uploaded would have the album track followed by a live version so every five minutes I'd have to root the thing out of my pocket and skip to the next song. It resulted in me avoiding certain albums that I otherwise enjoyed.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 10, 2024, 10:41:36 PMYeah big time. Reign in Blood is a great example. I've never heard an edition with bonus tracks, but part of the beauty of RiB is how lean it is. Evil and sharp, like a spear going through your brain! Bonus tracks could only ever take away from that experience.

It's particularly shite with RiB as there's the re-recording of Aggressive Perfector (I prefer the original but this is still a worthwhile track, nevertheless), and then the completely shite/pointless remix of Criminally Insane.

Quote from: The Wretch on May 10, 2024, 10:21:26 PMSame as 'Total Eclipse' in the NOTB reissue. Again, great tune, but it ruins the flow of the album for me. 

I'd the opposite experience as the 1998 reissue was my original exposure to that album, so I always thought Total Eclipse was perfect where it was and kinda forgot it wasn't meant to be there.

The tape copy I made of it at school from one of the boys, I left Invaders off as it's still my least-favouite classic Bruce era song. Then when I bought my own CD a year later I'd always skip Invaders!

Invaders is savage.

Thin Lizzy- Fighting.

Invaders > Total Eclipse - the latter has no place on the album we grew up with. Sanctuary on the debut can also fuck off.

Re: the different track order situation:

Faith No More: The Real Thing and Alice In Chains: Dirt - I bought both on tape when they came out and grew up with those track orders, it was only when I bought the CDs years later that I heard them with different sequences and they sounded ridiculously wrong. Resequenced them myself for my phone/iPod happiness.

I only have Dirt on tape so I'm not familiar with the CD running order.

#12801 May 11, 2024, 06:30:32 AM Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 06:32:07 AM by Thorn
Never got why Invaders is so divisive, it's actually one of my favourites by the band, as in, I'd have it in a Best Of..
Albeit with about forty-five other tracks.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

I love Invaders. And Gangland too for that matter.

Crimson Glory selt titled record and cd are different. That's my input.

LOWBROW - Victims At Play (1999)

Essentially Allen West's version of the third Six Feet Under album, with former members of Nasty Savage, and a Chris Barnes copyist called Richard Hornberger on vocals.

It's not a classic or anything, but like his other band Southwicked (I presume he came up with that name when he was high on his own supply) for anyone who likes Obituary, or early SFU you could do worse. The cover art is some of the most appalling I've ever fucking seen though. Holy shit. 

It's a shame West went off the rails. He was fairly limited as a player, but I liked his style, and he could still be in Obituary had he kept his head.

Quote from: Carnage on May 11, 2024, 03:03:09 AMInvaders > Total Eclipse - the latter has no place on the album we grew up with. Sanctuary on the debut can also fuck off.

Re: the different track order situation:

Faith No More: The Real Thing and Alice In Chains: Dirt - I bought both on tape when they came out and grew up with those track orders, it was only when I bought the CDs years later that I heard them with different sequences and they sounded ridiculously wrong. Resequenced them myself for my phone/iPod happiness.

I grew up with The Real Thing on cassette but have been on the CD version for so long that I completely forgot about the sequencing. Had to go look it up there and the memories just came flooding back. Fackin 'ell as they say. Now I wish it was back in the right order as well

TESTAMENT - Live In London (2005)

Many many versions of Smells Like Teen Spirit on youtube. Turns out the algorithm has been serving the two 8 year olds some Nirvana instead of the usual Minecraft jockeys. Good algorithm making me bond with my sons. We had endless nameless from live and loud on there as well I think I have em so I do happy days

SEPULTURA - Beneath The Remains (1989)

Quote from: The Wretch on May 11, 2024, 08:16:28 AMLOWBROW - Victims At Play (1999)

Essentially Allen West's version of the third Six Feet Under album, with former members of Nasty Savage, and a Chris Barnes copyist called Richard Hornberger on vocals.

It's not a classic or anything, but like his other band Southwicked (I presume he came up with that name when he was high on his own supply) for anyone who likes Obituary, or early SFU you could do worse. The cover art is some of the most appalling I've ever fucking seen though. Holy shit. 

It's a shame West went off the rails. He was fairly limited as a player, but I liked his style, and he could still be in Obituary had he kept his head.

I remember seeing ads for this in Terrorizer. Must give it a go.

Since the weathers good
Van Halen: I & II.

Might have to go down to the offie!