Yeah I love it too.  Have often posted it in here and on the old forum and it seems there's a few fans of it around here.

Faith No More: The Real Thing (deluxe edition)

#12077 March 20, 2024, 12:07:28 PM Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 12:10:19 PM by Pentagrimes
Civerous - Maze Envy

Ya, another fan of Ordo Ad Chao right here.

Mayhem - A Grand Declaration of War.

Came across the remastered version on bandcamp so a grand excuse to throw it on again. Sounds great so it does.

Chimera is the only album with Maniac I can even half get onboard with.

Deathspell Omega - The Synarchy of Molten Bones
Deathspell Omega - Drought
Oranssi Pazuzu - Kosmonument
Oranssi Pazuzu - Valonieu
Oranssi Pazuzu - Varahtelija

I found Chimera boring back in the day but it has been so long now it might be worth another go. I feel a run through all the albums coming on anyway.

Yeah that's what I'll do this evening:

Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk and then a strong dose of Mayhem.

What's the story with the two versions of Mayhem on bandcamp anyway? I probably heard before but I can't remember if I did

No idea but I've sewn it a good few times on BC

Quote from: astfgyl on March 20, 2024, 06:17:36 PMWhat's the story with the two versions of Mayhem on bandcamp anyway? I probably heard before but I can't remember if I did

SOM released a remastered version a few years ago when they did the post DMDS boxed set and individual reissues. The remastered GDOW sounds a lot better than the original.

I have that in the Seasons Of Blasphemy box. It sounds better but I still can't stand that album.

Quote from: astfgyl on March 20, 2024, 08:49:39 AMI fuckin love it. Had it on twice in a row last night and I'll likely give it another spin this evening. It's just so different to any other BM I can think of.

Check out Urkaos by Reverorum ib Malacht. Different in many ways, but it has a similar nuttiness too.

Heard of those but don't know any of it. If it's anything as odd as Ordo ad Chao I'd be willing to try it

Whom Gods Destroy - Insanium

Horrific title aside, this is premium heavy prog, really enjoying it.

#12089 March 21, 2024, 12:42:46 AM Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 12:45:26 AM by Cailleach
Enslaved  -  E
                     Eld
                     Frost
                     Mardraum (Beyond the Within)
                     Monumension