Quote from: hellfire on December 11, 2023, 10:17:41 AMThere isn't a bad album in there. The Apocalypse Manifesto really hit the spot for me last week.

Blasting Prophecies at the moment. Great stuff, a bit sloppier than their newer material but that adds to the charm. 

Quote from: Carnage on December 11, 2023, 01:30:26 AMSorry... we all know that Manowar aren't an actual band, right? I just want to be clear on that - they're a parody act. We all know that, yes? It's genuinely disturbing that some of you take them seriously.
Their 80's stuff is incredible. Yeah, it started to go awry when Ross left and nobody could have imagined how just how shit they would actually go on to become, but those early albums are fucking fantastic heavy metal.

I was listening to them again just last week, working on through from the first one, fucking brilliant. I've a lot of time for The Triumph of Steel, too, but that's about where the fun stops. That gig Ross did a few years ago in Voodoo was class too.

Manowar have some savage songs in their catalog, piss take or not...

#11058 December 11, 2023, 11:55:38 AM Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 11:58:34 AM by leatherface
I ignored Manowar for years, couldn't get into them. The loincloths didn't win me over either. My friends and I used to take the mick out of them all the time.

I have lately been buying whatever I can from the 80s catalogue and it's fantastic/ bombastic heavy metal. Their output after the 80s is patchy so I can understand the critics.

Master - Vindictive Miscreant
Manowar - Hail to England. (not a real band but I still like the fake music)
Saxon - Denim and Leather
Kreator - Pleasure to Kill
Reckless - Sharp Magik Steel

Enterré  Vivant - Les ténèbres ne sont pas formées d'ombre

Wayfarer - American Gothic

Dismember- The God that never was.
           Where Iron Crosses Grow.

Two absolute belters,obviously nothing will compare to the older stuff,but these two are excellent.

Really like Where Iron Crosses Grow.   Haven't really listen to The God That Never Was yet.  Picked up the albums I was missing when they were reissued recently.

Grave Digger - The Forgotten Years
Sargeist - Let The Devil In
Malokarpatan - Vertumnus Caesar
Manowar - Sign of the Hammer (for not being a real band, this is still a really good album)
Age of Taurus - The Colony Slain
Venator - Paradise...extended. 

Converge - Axe To Fall.
Amon Amarth - Sutur Rising.
Power Trip - Nightmare Logic.

Health - "Rat Wars"

Modern Industrial stuff, very class, big rave beats and samples everywhere.  Plenty of riffs, practically pop vocals. Great stuff.

Solitude Aeturnus - Into the Depths of Sorrow
Solitude Aeturnus - Beyond the Crimson Horizon

I forgot how good Solitude Aeturnus are. Beyond the Crimson Horizon is a top 5 doom album.

Cirith Ungol - Forever Black
Cirith Ungol - Dark Parade

Cirith Ungol's earlier stuff never clicked with me for some reason but I'm loving the newer albums. I must give King of the Dead another go.

Beyond the Crimson Horizon is 10/10.