Pavor - A Pale Debilitating Autumn

Nice German technical OSDM from the early days

https://youtu.be/H8AAR6is84Y?si=wXKfKzcy5fUZBC1O

Darkthrone- Transylvanian Hunger. The LP arrived today- thank Satan for Christmas post. Not a patch on UAFM or even Ablaze, but still nice to have in the collection.

I think Transylvanian hunger is savage. That riff alone is worth the album price.

Dying Fetus - War Of Attrition
Motörhead - Kiss Of Death
Motörhead - Bomber.

Yep. And still not a patch on the others  8)

Kodó - Ibuki, sounds mighty coming through the big speakers

Ablaze will forever be my favourite but Transylvanian Hunger is still an absolute banger. 

Unholy - From the Shadows
Sabbat - The Dwelling (my first experience with the Japanese Sabbat - fuck me they can write a riff)
Testament - Live at the Filmore
Warlock - Triumph and Agony

Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 17, 2023, 12:36:04 AMDarkthrone- Transylvanian Hunger. The LP arrived today- thank Satan for Christmas post. Not a patch on UAFM or even Ablaze, but still nice to have in the collection.

Is it fair to say that album is massively overrated but is also class?

Quote from: astfgyl on December 17, 2023, 12:26:24 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 17, 2023, 12:36:04 AMDarkthrone- Transylvanian Hunger. The LP arrived today- thank Satan for Christmas post. Not a patch on UAFM or even Ablaze, but still nice to have in the collection.

Is it fair to say that album is massively overrated but is also class?

It has such iconic artwork so it defines the band perhaps? Might be the first one people get drawn to for that reason? I only jumped on board with Hate Them in 2004 and UAFM was the first of that classic trinity that I subsequently bought. It also just happens to be the best one  8)

Primordial - Storm Before Calm
Cirith Ungol - Dark Parade
Meurtrieres - Ronde de Nuit
Behemoth - Thelema 6
Fimbulwinter - Servants of Sorcery

Rotting Christ - Triarchy. Never really clicked until today how much this album reminds me of Dance of December souls, especially on 'Snowing Still'

Nothing today but the last few evenings were a fair run:

HUWWTD - "Nil All"
Shallow North Dakota - "This Apparatus Must Be Earthed"
Bill Reiflin - "Birth of a Giant"
Jute Gyte - "Unus Mundus Patet"
Health - "Rat Wars"
Full of Hell / Nothing - "When No Birds Sang"
Void Ceremony - "Threads of Unknowing"
James Holden - "Imagine This is a High Dimensional Space of All Possibilities"
FACS - "Still Life in Decay"
ON - "Hissunkissun"

Mixed bag, all grand, mostly revisiting stuff I listened to this year anyway or seeing what I missed (in the case of VC at least).

Voivod - Killing Technology & Dimension Hatröss

Might just follow this one for the rest of the day, lining up Nothingface next

Darkthrone - Under A Funeral Moon
Moon Citadel - Nights Scarlet Symphonies. The intro to that first track sounds like arena filling black metal. It's so good.
Deicide - Legion.

Enthroned - The Apocalypse Manifesto
Malevolent Creation - Retribution
Vader - De Profundis