#10665 October 22, 2023, 07:46:41 PM Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 07:49:22 PM by Pentagrimes
Vertebra Atlantis- A Dialogue with the Eeriest Sublime

Late contender for (death)metal album of the year for me. Modern and proggy/dissonant in places but fantastically written songs that have memorability,dynamics and atmosphere..sort of like a better paced, less flashy Voidceremony. Great stuff.

Waylander -  Eriu's Wheel 7/10

Perfect time of year for this one and it's been on the turntable three times this weekend. I'd love to have seen the boys faces in the practice room when the guitarist came out with that big, soaring fuck off lead in 'Imbolc', a beautiful moment in a beautifully Autumnal album.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Pentagrimes on October 22, 2023, 07:46:41 PMVertebra Atlantis- A Dialogue with the Eeriest Sublime

Late contender for (death)metal album of the year for me. Modern and proggy/dissonant in places but fantastically written songs that have memorability,dynamics and atmosphere..sort of like a better paced, less flashy Voidceremony. Great stuff.

Haven't heard of this, but sounds great from that description. Will check out for sure

Marthe - Further In Evil

Savage - Ghosts in the Ruin
Obituary - World Demise
Ancient Rites - Laguz
Orange Goblin - The Wolf Bites Back
Decide - Legion

On a Nick Cave buzz today. So far: Murder Ballads, No More Shall We Part, Let Love In and The Good Son.

The Kill - Make 'Em Suffer
Solitude Aeturnus - Beyond the Crimson Horizon
Aura Noir - Black Thrash Attack
Ruïm - Black Royal Spiritism - I.O Sino da Igreja
Dream Unending/Worm - Starpath

Megadeth - So Far.. remaster CD..wish I still had the tape, this sounds weird, even the car crash in 502 is odd

Darkthrone- latest album with the Sea beneath the sea of seas and so on, prefer this era

Hexvessel- All Tree.

Dying Fetus - Make Then Beg For Death.
Putrascension - Forever Below
Fuming Mouth - The Grand Descent.

Bathory - The Return of the Darkness and Evil

This might be my favourite Bathory album. There's an unhinged energy that they never captured again, as great as some of the subsequent albums are.

Greg Puciato - Mirrorcell
Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast

Finnentum - Vapauden laulu

Kat- 666 LP. Landed today with two Sabbat CDs. A good day by any metric.

#10679 October 25, 2023, 11:54:34 AM Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 12:04:26 PM by Circlepit
Taubra - Therizo. Apparently this band are all seasoned Norwegian or Swiss black metal people.
It's good but a bit polished. Some parts are brilliant, some only alright.

Putrascension - Forever Below.
This is really hitting the spot. The vocals are manic in spots. Lifts the whole thing.