Sigh - Scorn Defeat
Sign - Shiki
Incantation - Mortal Throne of Nazarene

After seeing Mike Portnoy has rejoined Dream Theatre, I stuck on Images and Words, Awake, and A Change of Seasons for the first time in ages. The Permanent Waves-era Rush worship filtered through (then) modern playing is fucking class.

Pity they swiftly turned to unlistenable shite after Kevin Moore bailed. Double so when LaBrie knackered his vocal chords from barfing too hard.

Cirith Ungol - Dark Parade
Abigail Williams - Becoming
Slidhr - White Hart!
Metallica - Kill Em All.
Manowar - Sign of the Hammer

Testament - The Gathering
Verminous Serpent - The Malign Covenant

Carnivore - S/T

I don't know why but I've never listened to these despite being a big Type O fan, it's great, really is essentially a thrash/speed Type O. Production is a bit ropey at times, vocals are really loud (double tracked and far panned is cool though) and the guitars a bit low occasionally, but the riffs are class and of course Peter Steele is Peter Steele!

Kvist - For Kunsten Maa Vi Evig Vike
Hate Forest - Hour of the Centaur
Ildjarn/Hate Forest - Those Once Mighty Fallen

Quote from: ldj on October 26, 2023, 01:24:31 AMCarnivore - S/T

I don't know why but I've never listened to these despite being a big Type O fan, it's great, really is essentially a thrash/speed Type O. Production is a bit ropey at times, vocals are really loud (double tracked and far panned is cool though) and the guitars a bit low occasionally, but the riffs are class and of course Peter Steele is Peter Steele!

I have never liked Type O not into that gothic stuff but Carnivore is great. I saw them at Wacken 06 wasn't too familiar with the music before seeing them but knew the name after the show I became a fan.

They have Carnivore AD that play live shows no idea if they are any good but the vocalist looks a lot like Pete. Not familiar with the new vocalist but he played one of the Sheer Terror demos.

Primal Rock Rebellion – Awoken Broken, iron maiden  and nu metal band members collaboration. Dead loss

#10689 October 26, 2023, 07:37:47 PM Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 08:55:35 PM by Thorn
My Dying Bride - The Angel And The Dark River 10/10
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas 9/10
Crypt Sermon - The Ruins Of Fading Light 8.5/10
Bathory - Blood On Ice 8/10
Sammath - Grebbeberg 7/10
Fifth Angel- Time Will Tell 7/10
Lynx - Watcher Of Skies 7/10
Insomnium - Anno 1696 6.5/10
Isole - Anesidora 6.5/10
Atomkraft - Queen Of Death 6/10
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

#10690 October 26, 2023, 08:25:13 PM Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 09:05:50 PM by Eoin McLove
Sabbat- Satanasword.
Third Island- Burning.

Coffin Texts: 'Gods Of Creation, Death and Afterlife'

Last couple days...

Metallica - 72 Seasons (With endurance & determination I am feeling now it's a solid fucking record.)
In Solitude - In Solitude/The World.The Flesh.The Devil (I really miss this band a lot!)
Dead Congregation - Graves Of The Archangels
Teitanblood - Seven Chalices
Repugnant - Epitome Of Darkness
EXCARNATED ENTITY - Mass Grave Horizon
VERTEBRA ATLANTIS - Lustral Purge In Cerulean Bliss (this is mindblowingly good! Thanks to Jamie for the tip!)

Porphyrion - Blood Orgies Beneath Disgrace Temples
Mortual - Evil Incarnation

Nirvana - Incesticide and In Utero.

Something got in my head lately so I had to give these a bit of a run through again.  I love them both but hadn't had them on in a long time.  Burned them out on myself again over a few days in the car.  It comes in waves for me with Nirvana but when I remember a few tracks I have to dive in at them again each time.