Quote from: Necr0rceN on November 30, 2019, 06:08:05 PM
The Great Old Ones - Cosmicism (got the nice limited edition with the Cthulhu status)

I came across them on Bandcamp just recently, really enjoying them.

Denial of God - The Hallow Mass

Finding it very samey throughout and could do with about 15 mins lopped off it.  Very good enunciation by the vocalist though (not even attempting his name).
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Really? That DOG album was my favourite of the year. Keeps me paying attention the whole way through. Love the horror themed lyrics, guitar melodies and the drumming is pretty cool in places.

New Cattle Decapitated album.  On first listen this is very exciting. Any fans?

Quote from: Don Gately on December 05, 2019, 04:07:55 PM
New Cattle Decapitated album.  On first listen this is very exciting. Any fans?
Yeah and although I do enjoy the more modern Cattle Decapitation sound I'd like it to be bit more brutal sounding in general. I rekon they've developed a fairly individual sound but I miss the Carcass worship sometimes.

#1011 December 05, 2019, 04:54:30 PM Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 05:00:41 PM by Thorn
Quote from: hellfire on December 05, 2019, 06:45:41 AM
Really? That DOG album was my favourite of the year. Keeps me paying attention the whole way through. Love the horror themed lyrics, guitar melodies and the drumming is pretty cool in places.

I know, it was you praising it that stuck it on my radar!
Picked up the cassette of SOM I think it was, to bulk an order out, I mean it's not bad by any means but certainly wouldn't be troubling my  top ten for the year.  There really is a lot of passages repeated or played to death on it for my liking. And a good thing the singer is so clear cuz there's bugger all chance of reading the lyrics  on the cassette inlay, heard the other formats are just as bad though .
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

The lyrics on the LP are legible enough. I could see why you thought it could have been shorter. Some of the songs are quite long and do repeat.  Still, I think it's great.

New Gatecreeper. Really good.

Doomy morning...

Thergothon- 'Fhtagn-nagh Yog-Sothoth'
Bacterium- 'Sunt Lacrymae Rerum'
My Dying Bride- 'As the Flower Withers'

Maybe some Reverend Bizarre next.

The recent Prosthetic drama has got me going back through Dragged into Sunlight records. My old band practiced at the same place they recorded some of their records, and the Matamp setups they had were terrifying.

Acid Reign - Plan of the Damned + The Age of Entitlement

That last pre-gig refresher is always a good listen

Cloak - To Venomous Depths
Cloak - The Burning Dawn

The Cult - Ceremony

Patchy, but Wild Hearted Son is solid gold

Howls of Ebb night : Vigils, Cursus, and the split with Khthonik Cerviiks.

A band, if you're into them, you could never tire of.