'Jugga', that takes me back. Stupid, dismissive 'word'.

It's my opinion on the matter. I don't like that Gothenburg melodic sound across the board therefore I don't like the album. The fact that it is by a band that I love the previous two albums by makes it a higher fall from grace. That sound was already done into the ground by the time Reinkaos came out so a total shame. My presumption is that is also why some other people don't like it.

Perfectly descriptive word for that sound.

I like a lot of BM. Not really in on any new stuff though, but I've liked the 4 track sounding stuff and the more polished types over the years. I do think the whole aesthetic is important in a lot of ways, but if the trendy looking lads make a decent album, I'm still in. The traditional BM image only really works as well if there is something good about the music, and that can also be said about any genre. Industrial is a great genre for picking on in that regard. Lots of style over substance in there.

I still think the whole "you don't get it" is a load of shit though. I may not get what others do from it and may not be as invested in the scene but everyone "gets" stuff in their own way

I go by what is pleasing to my ear and do not go in for the entire artistic endeavor. I've always sought out the heaviest shit I could find and Black Metal hit that spot everytime. Theres also no denying that the 2nd wave of Black Metal is the peak musically.

Quote from: open face surgery on July 21, 2020, 11:50:03 AM
Gothenburg melodic sound

Ugh.

That description is enough to put me off almost anything, in keeping with the spirit in which this thread was conceived.

Is 'jugga' a less heavy form of "chugga"? (genuine question)

Am happy for growing up in a god forsaken country,  with no access to metal magazines, etc, so I got to listen to Black Metal bands before seeing any photos.........otherwise, if my first contact with the style was by looking at a bunch of lads posing in make up and costumes.......I'd just skip on much of my fave music of all times.

Quote from: warhead on July 21, 2020, 10:43:23 PM
Am happy for growing up in a god forsaken country,  with no access to metal magazines, etc, so I got to listen to Black Metal bands before seeing any photos.........otherwise, if my first contact with the style was by looking at a bunch of lads posing in make up and costumes.......I'd just skip on much of my fave music of all times.

:laugh: yeah, like is it super serious or a load of lads larping that got out of hand. I'm not sure we'll ever truly know.