Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 21, 2024, 12:34:11 PMVarathron- Walpurgisnacht LP.
Varathron- His Majesty At The Swamp CD.

Where did you pick up the CD?

I bought them from NWN. I have His Majesty on vinyl already but couldn't resist grabbing the CD as well.

The Wretch, I agree. The old Greek sound is savage. Sometimes it's the only black metal I'm in the mood to hear.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 22, 2024, 12:43:35 PMI bought them from NWN. I have His Majesty on vinyl already but couldn't resist grabbing the CD as well.

The Wretch, I agree. The old Greek sound is savage. Sometimes it's the only black metal I'm in the mood to hear.

Thanks. Got their first two albums for an absolute song from Displeased Records years ago but got mislaid somewhere between Melbourne and Heathrow. Looking to recoup ever since.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 22, 2024, 12:43:35 PMThe Wretch, I agree. The old Greek sound is savage. Sometimes it's the only black metal I'm in the mood to hear.

Yeah, I can understand that. Honestly, as far as 90's BM goes, in recent years I think I have listened to those bands, and early Samael, Master's Hammer, Root, Mortuary Drape etc more than the Scando bands really.

There's more character to those 4 bands for sure but still a lot of classics from the Scandi scene as well.

Ah yeah, I love the Scandi stuff, but often I need that southern heat  8)

Quote from: open face surgery on August 22, 2024, 09:55:36 PMThere's more character to those 4 bands for sure but still a lot of classics from the Scandi scene as well.

Of course, I still love the earlier Scandi stuff, and even a lot of what was being released in the late 90's/early 2000's, especially the Moonfog bands.

But I suppose the Greek stuff maybe fits in more with my general listening habits in recent years, going back more to early death metal and doom/death, first wave BM, crust etc.   

The new Spectral Wound and Demiser albums on CD. 

#1704 August 27, 2024, 11:41:58 AM Last Edit: August 29, 2024, 05:38:40 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
One of my best second-hand vinyl hauls in a while down one of the local shops this morning, all near mint:

Oranssi Pazuzu - Muukalainen Puhuu
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Immortal - At the Heart of Winter
Death - Spiritual Healing
Burzum - Burzum/Aske
Slayer - Show No Mercy

And from the non-metal bargain bin:
Peter Gabriel - s/t / 'Car'
Stevie Nicks - Bella Donna
Cat Stevens - Numbers: A Pythagorean Theory Tale (never heard of this, but has cool cosmic artwork with a window sleeve, on top of that oddly un-Cat Stevens title, so for a fiver it was a no-brainer to grab it)

Killer haul!Looks like you just hit that sweet spot when someone has just been in and offloaded, very rarely happens!
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Yeah, must have. There was about twice that again of great stuff, but my funds wouldn't stretch further. Near mint second-hand don't go as cheap as it used to!

Rotting Christ - Triarchy of the Lost Lovers lp & Passage to Arcturo lp.

The Partholón CD arrived today. I'll fire it on in a bit  8)

#1709 August 30, 2024, 04:25:11 PM Last Edit: August 30, 2024, 04:26:55 PM by Snare
A simple pleasure also - strolling through Cork and finding metal in different shops earlier this month.

Started at 33rpm - pleasantly sirprised to find an Invictus section. I picked up the Malthusian / Suffering Hours split. Must pick up Ensared the next time, and maybe the Dead End retrospective that I was really surprised to see. I hadn't heard anything of theirs since a 7" in the early 90's that I loved.

Onto Bunker Records then. Great selection but nothing I didn't have took my fancy at €30 a pop. Also charging more for the Invictus stuff up the street.

Onto Plugd and Power Trip on LP was a nice find, but alas I had purchased it previously already on bandcamp  :-\

Over to Golden Discs in the old HMV store then and picked up Amorphis "Halo" on CD. Plus upgraded my Ride the Lightning tape with a CD version, albeit one of those cardboard covers that's a pet peeve here recently! Bought Eminen and Green Day also for the kids (the poser scum).

Finished up in the The Poor Relation with a few bottles of Cronin's Cider and buckets of ice, before a gorgeous pasta in the Italian around the corner on Maylor Street. T'was bliss to have a rare Saturday afternoon to myself  :)