Jimmy Carr was a good buzz over the weekend.

Celeste Barber currently at least 15 minutes into some unfunny shite about a vibrator.

I just had a little look at her on YouTube. Shite altogether but 100% aimed at women. I wonder if that is the experience women feel when watching male comedians who I think are hilarious. Can men only really be funny for men and women for women? Or are women, on the whole, just not funny...

One of my sisters is mad into her stand-up, way more than me, and she's always going on about the women stand-ups that break the mainstream being rubbish.

I think what we really need is to do scientific research into the matter and I think I've come up with a solution. Who can we all agree genuinely straddles the male/ female divide? Trans men! If trans comics aren't universally hailed then there's no way of ever knowing...

So, Eddie Izzard? Became a bit repetitive and self-derivative over the years, but at her peak a true trailblazer and very often genuinely hilarious. Though mainly back when she was a he. D'oh!

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on September 22, 2022, 10:16:45 AMSo, Eddie Izzard? Became a bit repetitive and self-derivative over the years, but at her peak a true trailblazer and very often genuinely hilarious. Though mainly back when she was a he. D'oh!

Early Eddie Izzard was fantastic. Not mad about the later stuff.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 22, 2022, 08:59:33 AMI just had a little look at her on YouTube. Shite altogether but 100% aimed at women. I wonder if that is the experience women feel when watching male comedians who I think are hilarious. Can men only really be funny for men and women for women? Or are women, on the whole, just not funny...

That's it in a nutshell. I didn't crack a laugh throughout. Women comedians generally just aren't funny to me.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on September 22, 2022, 10:16:45 AMSo, Eddie Izzard? Became a bit repetitive and self-derivative over the years, but at her peak a true trailblazer and very often genuinely hilarious. Though mainly back when she was a he. D'oh!

I think you knew i was being a bit silly there. Trans generally equals woke equals not funny!

Don't worry, no attempted hidden message in what I said; was just funny Izzard was the first person popped into my head, and as it so happens they were funny as a transvestite, but less so as a transgender (not saying it's causal!)

I thought he was alright, not absolutely hilarious but entertaining. I always like him when he was interviewed as well. I had no idea he transed but it's possible they damaged his fanny bone during his op.

I watched about 5 minutes of Whitney Cumming's new special - Jesus Christ, it's torture. 

Bridget Christie, Ali Wong, Maria Bamford, Sara Pascoe, Sarah Millican, Victoria Wood are all top class comedians who don't resort to the usual hacky tropes of their peers.

I think that I mentioned this before but Ali Wong's "Baby Cobra" special on Netflix is fantastic.

Diane Morgan and Maeve Higgins can also be added to a list of comedians who've gotten proper laughs out of me anyway. Victoria Wood, now there's someone I haven't thought about in the longest time!

Quote from: StoutAndAle on September 22, 2022, 01:02:19 PMI watched about 5 minutes of Whitney Cumming's new special - Jesus Christ, it's torture. 

She is another one of the Joe Rogan crew who has no business being a comedian along with Schaub and Bryan Callen. She looks awful these days as well has had way too much work done to her face. She doesn't seem to take kindly to criticism of her comedy either from what I have read over the years.

Anyone watch Kill Tony? Been enjoying it for the last few weeks.