That just looks like a loophole to get around the new touting law. Ticketmaster were the biggest touts of all most of the lads you see outside events / shows selling tickets work for TM. So it seems the new law has just created a monopoly on touting for ticketmaster most likely was the plan from the start.

Those prices are ridiculous Tom is not even good.

Saw some other comedian on TM a few days ago no idea who he was but tickets for his show in mid 2024 were going on sale soon. 

#226 October 26, 2022, 12:36:11 PM Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 12:38:48 PM by StoutAndAle
I notice that Bert Kreischer, one the Segura's crew, is playing The Point next year.

Bert Kreischer. An arena gig. In Ireland.

If I wanted to watch a shirtless, fat, bearded dope talk about topics such as drinking, being hungover and eating junk food - I'd look in the mirror.

Jesus wept.

I like Segura but I wouldn't pay half that price to see him. Chappelle in the Point a few weeks ago was €60-something and he's a much bigger act.

Ticketmaster are cunts. Legalised touting.

Kevin Bridges last night in the 3Arena. Fuckin gas cunt.

My brother & 2 sisters are going tonight. I'm curious how much of his warm up gig a few months ago made it to the full routine.

Went to see Marc Maron last week didn't know much about his standup but I use to watch his show that was on Fox. He was good but a bit too much of 'you are a nazi if you don't agree with the far left' stuff he kept bringing up over and over again.

It has been years since I was at a seated show in Vicar Street and I forgot how awful the seating is. Smoked a joint just before going in and as soon as we sat in the seats we knew that had been a big mistake.

What's wrong with the seats?

Just old, flimsy and uncomfortable. The seat was more or less a small square piece of plastic sitting on a steel bar that felt like it could go from under you at any minute. Nowhere to put a drink down either. When booking these looked to be balcony seats so expected to be at the front of the balcony with something in front to lean on but in reality they were on the ground floor right the behind the main seating area.

The main seating area in Vicar Street is even worse then where I was sitting but I remembered to avoid those.

Are the main seats in Vicar St. still those 4-top, barstool type things that are bolted to the floor? Last time I was there for a comedy gig (co-incidentally it was to see Marc Maron in 2018) they had that set up. Backbreaking after a while.

I noticed earlier that Tom Segura's show at The Olympia has been upgraded to The Point. Tickets are now €55 rather than €140+ as first advertised. How does that work if you bought a ticket for the original show? I haven't, I'm just curious.

The main seating is still the same that's the area I mentioned that I already knew to avoid.

Dave Chappelle hosted SNL last night. Monologue worth a watch for fans, pretty funny.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 13, 2022, 03:29:16 PMDave Chappelle hosted SNL last night. Monologue worth a watch for fans, pretty funny.

Definitely worth a watch.

Marc Maron's new 1-hour special "From Bleak To Dark" is really great. The pacing, his delivery/demeanor, the tags and call-back are work perfectly together.

Saw that Richard Belzer died too. A really good comic. He influenced and was influential on a lot of darker-edged, cynical US stand-ups of the 1980s/90s - Bill Hicks owes The Belz a few pints up  there in the great gig in the sky...

Only in the last week or two was I listening to Bill Burr talk to Doug Stanhope on his podcast about the beginnings of their respective careers - Burr mentioned that Richard Belzer would encourage younger comedians and always find room for them to do a 5 minute set in an already packed line-up if he was MCing.

Ah that's shite about Belzer. I never knew about his stand up until he popped up in a Hicks documentary a few years ago, I only knew him from Law & Order and the like.

There's a clip of him being choked out by Hulk Hogan, on his '80s chat show, to prove that wrasslin' wasn't fake or something. An odd one.