Ya, I started it and wasn't arsed.

Theo Von has clicked for me. Hilarious bastard.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on March 27, 2023, 12:09:15 PMWatched the new Chris Rock Netflix special. Some good laughs, but overall mehhhh.

Very average. I don't remember laughing once.

Same as his last special - "Tambourine" - there's no real firepower in his work these days.

Went to see Rollins do his "talking show" thing for the umpteenth time last night.

It's not technically stand-up comedy - but he's still funnier that a lot of comedians working today.

It was good, very good but not the best that I have ever seen him. He has a line near the end that was a bit too near the knuckle for the woke younger folks but it got a laugh out of the older heads including myself.

He's still doing 2.5+ hours plus too without a break or even stopping to drink water - no water onstage with him either. Very impressive.

Sold out room too. 

This could go in "Pet Peeves";

People who don't know how to act at gigs are driving me crazy now. The amount of punters just chatting amongst themselves at various points was ridiculous. People's phones ringing etc. You could see that Rollins noticed it from the stage but ploughed on.

Added to that - there must be a collective kidney infection amongst people - there were several of the same lads up and down for a piss, having to move an entire row to get out each time.

There was one guy who kept holding his phone over his head and taking videos of the gig. I have no bother with people taking a snap - I took one myself. Just do it discreetly and quickly. This fucker was at it for over an hour.

Ah man you'll have to tell us the line now, spoiler alert be damned
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

#259 March 28, 2023, 05:33:02 PM Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 05:34:55 PM by mickO)))
Quote from: StoutAndAle on March 28, 2023, 01:52:31 PMQuote

A lot of empty seats upstairs so I don't think it was sold out. What time did he finish? Had to leave at half 10 in order to catch the last train home and he was still going. I enjoyed it myself even though I don't agree with him on a lot of things. The way he told the story about the Finnish stalker was very well done. I had only seen him once before this in 2006 and I probably wouldn't go and see him again for a long time.

I saw flashes etc on phones going off as well which I couldn't understand whatever about taking photos at a concert why would anyone want to take a photo of comedian or spoken word show where the person is just standing on stage talking.

It has always pissed me off as well the up and down from the same people over and over again at shows. Was at Bellator in the O2 last month we were sitting beside a group of 6 lads who all went to the toilet at least 5 - 6 times each during the event and always at different times. We were sitting at the edge so, we were literally up and down out of our seats every 5mins over the space of a few hours.

Quote from: mickO))) on March 28, 2023, 05:33:02 PMA lot of empty seats upstairs so I don't think it was sold out. What time did he finish?

I presume that you were at the Vicar St. show? I saw him in Cork on Monday.

The gig sold out after a week or so of going on sale but it's a much smaller capacity room - Cyprus Avenue - maybe 300 seats all flat on one floor.

He finished about 2245hrs. The ticket said "Doors @ 1900/Rollins on-stage at 1945 sharp/Show ends 2230hrs". The doors opened bang on time but he didn't actually appear until 2015hrs. We had the car with us but I heard a few grumbles about missing the last bus from people.

Yes I was at the Dublin show. I saw he was playing Belfast but I didn't know he also did a show in Cork.

Quote from: mickO))) on March 29, 2023, 09:42:48 AMYes I was at the Dublin show. I saw he was playing Belfast but I didn't know he also did a show in Cork.

He does Dublin/Belfast on pretty much every tour. Rarely plays outside of those two cites.

Last time he did Cork was 2011 - in The Crane Lane (an even smaller venue) and before that was in January 2002 with Rollins Band touring the "Nice" record.

The Rollins Band gig was pretty great that night - a metal band from Dublin called "Eyes Closed" supported them and Rollins got in a row (from the stage) with the venue manager who was telling him to cut his set short (from the side of the stage) so they could start the nightclub early.

"They want to bring on some dance DJs..." Crowd boos. "Tell you want, son - if you want Dusty Destruction and his Wheels Of Steel on this stage so badly then YOU come out here and move ME! Otherwise we're doing our time."  :laugh:

The only other time I saw him was Download in 2006 so being at a festival I guess he would have had time constraints. I had no idea until half way through the show the other night that it is normal for him to go for 3+ hours.

Unfortunately I am not old enough to have ever seen him playing any music live. I would loved to have seen the Rollins band live.

Just got tickets for Ricky Gervais was a nightmare even trying to get them in presale had to make over 10 attempts to get two together then ticketmaster kept denying the paypal payment but luckily got through in the end. I reckon this show will sell out in minutes on Friday.

James Acaster has annoucned 4 nights in Vicar St. 09/10/11/12 September.

Tickets will be impossible to get - Ticketmaster, in their usual cuntish style have limited the tickets to 9 per person. Cue touting from every outlet.

Quote from: open face surgery on March 27, 2023, 12:15:34 PMTheo Von has clicked for me. Hilarious bastard.

He's an audio album called 30lb Bag of Hamster Bones from years ago. Had me crying 😂😂

I just came across Shane Gillis. Recommended on YouTube while I was coming dinner so I took a chance. Fucking hilarious.

A bit messier perhaps but it saves time on preparing a mise en place.

If you nail the entrĂ©e that should save on the mess  :laugh: